Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best DS games??

Options
  • 28-07-2005 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I have a Nintendo DS winging its merry way to me, along with a copy of Rayman DS (it was a package deal......)

Have also picked up a copy of Wario Ware Touched for Mrs. Horseflesh

So what else do I "need"???
    Any word on Nintendogs? (sounds like the sort of thing Mrs. H would be into)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Super Mario 64 DS, but don't bother using the touchscreen controls.
    Yoshi's Touch and Go, but it's very short.
    Also, Meteos or Kirby Canvas Curse on import.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nintendogs out in the States in about 4 weeks.

I have about 14 NDS games, and Kirby Canvas Curse is definitely my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Just got another code there its class.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sprung! is great.. it's a dating simulator and it's also very cheap.

Animal Crossing DS is the game I'm looking forward to the most though.

Oh.. and I also enjoyed Another Code.. there are some very clever bits in it, you really have to think outside the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Boco

Just like to second meteos, got it the other week and its fantastic. I've also been looking at various forum high score threads for it and they scare all sorts of ****e out of me :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Wario Ware is great fun for a while, really accessible too, even my mother played it and the last game she played before it was bubble bobble.

Meteos and Electroplankton are in my eyes, the best games this year, not just on the DS, but not many people would agree with me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

TmB wrote:
    Nintendogs out in the States in about 4 weeks.

I have about 14 NDS games, and Kirby Canvas Curse is definitely my favourite.
    Didn't know there were that many games out for it. :)

Kirby is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

WarioWare is excellent - got that day one.
    Mario 64 is good - although if you've played the n64 version it is inferior (apart from the very nice mini games).
    Polarium is a v good puzzle game and its generally cheap (>€30).
    Electroplankton is not a game - but is certainly an experience worth having - all the better if you have creative persuasions.
    Kirby Canvas Curse is the best game i've played so far on the DS - great fun, great style.
    Yoshi Touch & Go is good, though i wouldn't recomment it to everyone. Its actually quite hardcore.
    Need For Speed Underground 2 has surprisingly good graphics, but it never really caputred my imagination (hence I'm looking to trade - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=283278)

I believe Zoo Keeper is supposed to be excellent. Have Meteos on order, and Nintendogs (US) on preorder.

All in all it good to be a DS owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah keep meaning to pick up a few of those.... where you order from Reactor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh hello???? advance wars is out on 22nd of august in the states (same day as nintendogs) and the following month here. there is a review to be found at gamerankings. 10/10. this is the next game we all should own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yeah keep meaning to pick up a few of those.... where you order from Reactor?
    mostly lik-sang.com
    except for meteos - which was from play-asia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

K, the usualy suspects then, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

evad_lhorg wrote:
    eh hello???? advance wars is out on 22nd of august in the states (same day as nintendogs) and the following month here. there is a review to be found at gamerankings. 10/10. this is the next game we all should own.

Right on, advance wars is the kind of game the NDS's touch screen was designed for. I cant wait for a europe release so im gonna import it when it comes out in the states.
    Wario Ware is good but doesn last very long once u've finished it and the mini games in Mario DS r more entertaining than the original game (Catapult Bomb game..... Genius, Pure Genius :D )

Advertisement