Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Series 60 3G handsets connect to Internet via PC and Bluetooth (Pass-Through)?

• 28-07-2005 9:00pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

im now a very proud owner of a 6680. but need help getting it pc side connected. i ran the disk and the pc suite works perfect. but i like to use agile messenger on my last s60(ngage) and id like to use it again. however i am unable to get the settings correct on the 6680, as regards to the server settings(access ppoint,am unsure of the name) can anyone point me in the right direction?
    i tried 6600 settings and i came accross the data bearer setting which on the 660 is set to gsm bearer but on the 6680 i can only select packet data. will this make a difference? can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, can you run answer the questions in this stickied thread (in particular the operator related ones):
    HELLO THERE... About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

What operator you are with? - vodafone
    What type of account you have: Pre-Pay
    Make / model of handset you are using: Nokia 6680 - vodafone locked
    If relevant are you using a PDA or Smartphone: Version symbian 60 v2
    If relevant are you using a PC: fujitsu siemens m7405 - windows xp pro,
    If relevant are you connecting via bluetooth - belkin bluetooth dongel

ok - agile messenger needs an ISP / Full Internet connection to work, Vodafone don't supply this to pre-pay customers (last time I checked) for GPRS/3G (packed data) connections, and as you have found the 6680 you got from them only allows you to create packed data connections, not dial-up (circuit switched data) connections

--

to connect thr 6680 to the PC via Bluetooth, in the Nokia Connection Manager should list Bluetooth as one of the options that you should be able to select and go through the configuration steps... if not what's happening and are you using the supplied Belkin Bluetooth Software (from Widcomm) or the built in Bluetooth features of Windows XP Service Pack 2?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i cant get full synchronisation to happen between the pc and 6680, but the error im having is that i havent got the access point settings for the fone,eg, the connection name,password, default gateway etc. within agile it looks for the connection point and in the old series of agile it used to list passthru (as in for bluetooth) however in this app it isnt listed.

didn't manage to get pass through working on the new Series 60 handsets when I tried - they seem to have dumped the mRouter and built-in Serial Ports on the latest models (which allowed you to create a pass through connection) - they now link direct to the PC Suite / Nokia Connection Manager... if you find a way to do it do post back though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Hi there,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I was wondering if it's possible to connect a vodafone subbed 6630 to the internet via bluetooth to my DSL broadband (Esat) connection :)

Thanks in advance.
    Mark.

used to be possible with older Series 60 (and other Symbian) handsets:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84251

but since they dropped built-in serial ports and connection via the mRouter software on the newer Series 60 handsets I haven't seen it done... but if anyone finds a solution pass it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

That would explain a pointless two hours last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yeh it does work i used to use it all the time.I have the newest version of Mrouter but its only compatible with a few older phones(7650,3650,6600,N-gage and a few more) like Dubwireless said.I emailed them already about new series phones and they said hopefully in the near future or somthing like that,I have the 6630 and 6260 and both of them arent compatible.

Advertisement