Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus lights. Love or Loath?

Options
  • 28-07-2005 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I know its a subjective topic but my stomach nearly churns everytime I see a car with these on it. They look classy on a Lexus sure, but on everything else they look pants. Even Mazda didn't get it right!

I really feel embarresed for people who have these things on their car! Is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Lexus lights for a Lexus, other lights for other cars. Simple as that*

*my own opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

its nice on some cars, mazda 6's look well wit those tail lights.
    Corsas on the other hand look ****.

Carbon LED lights ....mmmmmmmmmm

PlayaFlow wrote:
    its nice on some cars, mazda 6's look well wit those tail lights.
    Corsas on the other hand look ****.

Carbon LED lights ....mmmmmmmmmm

The beemer in Cyrus's thread also looks ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Don't know about Lexus lights, my Civic has front projector lens lights and clear plastic rear lights as fit by Honda. Would that churn your stomach? :)

I don't mind the factory fit ones that require a coloured bulb under white or clear plastic such as these ones
    Pedro_bmw_rear.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

ah thanks for posting that pic squirrel - i was afraid to ask what Lexus lights were!!!

L3013%20fiesta%20mk4%20lexus%20lights.jpg

These are Lexus lights, I think the Beemer ones are just clear lights? Maybe someone else can clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Ah ok, I don't think these are Lexus lights then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

tk those arent lexus lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Lexus Lights" in the vernacular are a clear one piece design moulding with coloured sections and they look bad on a Lexus never mind your brothers hot hatch. But that just my opinion!

lexus_lights_1.jpg

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    "Lexus Lights" in the vernacular are a clear one piece design moulding with coloured sections and they look bad on a Lexus never mind your brothers hot hatch. But that just my opinion!

lexus_lights_1.jpg

Mike.

I semi agree with you Mike, I don't really mind the lights on a Lexus but I'm not really fans of Lexus in general, but I did see an IS300 the other day that had the lights replaced with more normal looking ones and it looked really well

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

They'd be ok if boy racers hadn't started putting them on their cars Too popular for boy racers therefore Loath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I think that the look good on particular cars, not models. The colour of the car comes into it as well.

I'm not a 'boy-racer' but I am considering getting them for my totally standard red VW Polo because I think they blend better with the colour than the standard ones, just another opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

The correct term within the industry is 'Jewelled' backlights.

The Japs seem to think that they add a certain cache to cars but in reality they just look tacky (except to the Lexus and Mazda 6 IMHO).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are popping up on MPVs now. The Hyundai Trajet and Toyota Corolla Verso have them. Why?

Advertisement