Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night Talk

Options
  • 28-07-2005 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

What is so good about late night talk?
    1.its the way the show is presented.
    2.The Guests.
    3.Funny aswell as serious.

Late Night Talk has to be the best talk show on any dublin radio station.

I have started a latenighttalk site:
    [EMAIL=Http://latenighttalk.tripod.com]Http://latenighttalk.tripod.com [/EMAIL]

Who is better Adrian OR Tom ? 4 votes

Tom O'Brannigain
    0% 0 votes
    Adrain Kennedy
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

tut-tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i like adrian kennedy because it can be funny aswell as serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

But people ring up and take it seriously.. and then you listen to what they're arguing about..

"tonight's discussion - Northsiders are scum, and southsiders are stuck up c**ts"

I mean come on! Cue 2 hours of slagging matches back and forth, with the 'host' only coming in every now and then to wind them up some more. It's an insult to the ears..

Biggest bucket of bo**ox on irish radio, and that's saying something!

(Grrrrr Irish radio :mad: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

Adrian Kennedy is the best late night talk show. They talk about suff that raises issues that wouldn't be raissed any where else and "Get it off your Chest" rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

hass wrote:
    Adrian Kennedy is the best late night talk show. They talk about suff that raises issues that wouldn't be raissed any where else and "Get it off your Chest" rules.

He's the one on FM104 right? Exactly the same as the one on 98fm. They're wind up merchants. There to wind up the callers (who are worse for ringing in), and eventually let two callers shout at eachother without him intervening. Bottom of the barrell radio..
    Even worse than afternoon 'DJs' with pseudo-american accents insisting on playing coldplay/u2/robbie williams/dido/keane over and over and over and over again, when they're not boring us with (non)entertainment news.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MO141278

the 98fm one doesn't do that....well not all the time anyway....i find his more fair than adrian....remember when kunle was going through all that hassle.... 98fm had kunle on and they didn't give him any trouble...they let him have his say..... where as all adrian did when he got kunle up was have the people give out to him...... thats not fair..... thats my opinion anyway ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 latenighttalk

I have to admit that Adrains show is good but Tom's show is so much better because late night talk has John O'Donovan, Lisa Gernon,Michelle O'Kane, Catriona, Louise, and Aishling.
    All A.K has is J. Dixon ans someone else!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I used to listen to adrian kennedy abit this was when there was not much talkradio on and it was a change,they were a bit controversial at the start talking about sex on Irish radio :eek: ok fair enough it had to be done they helped move Irish Raido out of the 1950s.But then they started to have the first hour of the show all about sex and relationship's....this was to much for me,I dont need to listen in as "deco" tells dublin that he is "riding" his birds sister.

Listen into Newstalk if you want proper radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭man-in-cognito

Dub13 wrote:
    I dont need to listen in as "deco" tells dublin that he is "riding" his birds sister.

Well said.. that about sums up late night talk shows for me..

I just have to say Late Night Talk has had more stars than Adrains show

WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin, John Cena, Rey Mysterio and Damien Duff

Tom is just back from his 2 week holida. At least Late Night Talk didnt do the best of late night talk because adrain would if he was on holiday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

Its entertainment when your 13 but when you start to mature and become more intelligent, you realise the mockery of people who phone in, and the people listening are probably worse.
    For god sakes dublin grow up. irish radio is utter ****e.
    Thought it was the chris barry phone show and the other one was adrian kennedy? Has chris barry left the late night talk show business?

An latenighttalk, why would you bother making a website for that ****e, surely the scum over at 98fm have a section for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gemsbok15

"For god sakes dublin grow up. irish radio is utter ****e.
    Thought it was the chris barry phone show and the other one was adrian kennedy? Has chris barry left the late night talk show business?

An latenighttalk, why would you bother making a website for that ****e"

Drunkenfool, just a thought but seeing as how you thought Chris Barry is still presenting the talk show on 98FM, how long is it since you listened to the programme, the usual stereotypes you are talking about do not relate to the programme that Tom does. Adrian may still do the shock jock style, but the 98FM show does not, I listen in so I have probably more of an understanding of what the style and content of the show is, and to say in general that Irish Radio is utter ****e is a sweeping generalisation that is ill informed, Newstalk do some great programming and really put it up to RTE, and thats just in the area of talk radio. Try listening to the talk show on 98FM if you want your outdated perception challenged, and by the way Chris Barry does a drive time talk based show on Dublins Country. Happy Listening!

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I used to listen to Adrian Kennedy when I was younger... but by the time I was 14, I was too intelligent to listen to it any further, lol. It's just so frustrating, ya feel like clubbing most of the people on the show to death with a stick! grrg! No, I can't bear to listen to it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smarties

being someone that goes to boarding school, i have to find a way to keep myself amused sometimes, we have had some of the funniest nights ever talking on those shows after lights out, just completely ripping the piss

If you dont like Adrains show, dont get put off by not truying another talk show.

Every here should tune into late night talk and see what they think

Tom and John and the team are the most helpfull people ever.
    Anything you need to know they tell you

Denzil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Do you...work for a late night talk show, by any chance?

I have heard the 98fm one,its a step up from the one on 104 but still gutter raido

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

Gemsbok15 wrote:
    Try listening to the talk show on 98FM if you want your outdated perception challenged, and by the way Chris Barry does a drive time talk based show on Dublins Country. Happy Listening!

G.

Thanks bud, but ive had 22 years of listening to Irish radio and its the worst ive heard, and ive been all over the world
    And im not alone with this all my mates dont listen to the radio in ireland, play ****e music who only 14year olds would possibly like and the chat shows are even worse.

Cheers.

DaveMcG wrote:
    Do you...work for a late night talk show, by any chance?

No i don't! But it does seem that way, i would love to work on the show!

If you like Late Night Talk visit the website: [URL=Http://latenighttalk.tripod.com]Http://latenighttalk.tripod.com[/URL]

Late Night Talk :)

• Advertisement

Late Night talk are giving away alot of prizes comming up 2 xmas.By the way Adrain Shouts into the mic! |as tom said "Talk shows are for radio not t.v" in response to a.k going to tv

Denzil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Stop advertising this absolute sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RealShowHost

No i don't! But it does seem that way, i would love to work on the show!

It seems that way ? !!!!

Look at your posts and figure it out latenighttalk . Even on your own website the first entry in the guest book was

Name: Denzil Lacey
    Email Address: latenighttalksite@yahoo.ie
    Your Web site : http://latenighttalk.tripod.com
    Comments: Test

That was clever.......

As you can see its a test message just after the site was set-up if you check the who-is on the site . So please use your head before you come to boards and advertise yourselves.

The poll speaks for itself Adrian Kennedy by default has the audience and in fairness im sure you all worked hard to lose that many listeners to him over the last couple of years . Try and be constructive instead of coming on here and slagging off a show that is out performing your own on a grand scale .

Cya now "Denzil" maybe someday you will be good enough to have a good show ,after all by your own admission you have no experience and would love to work on a real talk show .

Oh and one other thing , if your going to direct people to a website ,make sure its a good one .

From the Charter....
    You are welcome to recommend or fairly criticize a product or company. But if you have a connection with the company or any other potential conflict of interest, please state this in your reply.

This has all the hallmarks of a "attempt" at a bit of free advertising.latenighttalk have you any connection with 98FM...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Why has this been brought back to the top of the forum? Most pointless post ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It seems that way ? !!!!

Look at your posts and figure it out latenighttalk . Even on your own website the first entry in the guest book was

Name: Denzil Lacey
    Email Address: latenighttalksite@yahoo.ie
    Your Web site : http://latenighttalk.tripod.com
    Comments: Test

That was clever.......

As you can see its a test message just after the site was set-up if you check the who-is on the site . So please use your head before you come to boards and advertise yourselves.

The poll speaks for itself Adrian Kennedy by default has the audience and in fairness im sure you all worked hard to lose that many listeners to him over the last couple of years . Try and be constructive instead of coming on here and slagging off a show that is out performing your own on a grand scale .

Cya now "Denzil" maybe someday you will be good enough to have a good show ,after all by your own admission you have no experience and would love to work on a real talk show .

Oh and one other thing , if your going to direct people to a website ,make sure its a good one .
    Thats an odd first post to say the least.
    Looks like radio station -vs- radio station imo.

RealShowHost & Latenighttalk do ether of you have a have a connection with a Radio station or any other potential conflict of interest...?

I am bordering on locking this threads but will give RealShowHost & Latenighttalk a chance to reply because I am such a nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Not a fan of Adrian Kennedy tbh... it's just the same old formula... pick some hot issue... put two closed-minded loudmouth callers on the air and let them have a shouting match... when air goes dead, butt in with "Well... what do you think about THAT now Mary?"... let shouting match continue.

"C'mere an oi tell yeh... d'yeh seeee you... you're a bleeeeedin muppeh."
    "Oi tell yeh, ye wouldn't say dah te me face... cuz oi bleedin battor yeh"

Talk radio in the UK had a much better way of doing it... give each person 10-15 seconds to make their point, one caller at a time, then cut them off unless they have something you'd like them to expand on.
    Much less painful to listen to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement