Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia battery charge problem

Options
  • 28-07-2005 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

COuld anyone suggest why might be wrong with my phone charging?

- Nokia 3310 - battery deteroiated over time , wasnt lasting 24 hours , so bought a new battery , still the same ! , tried different chargers , is there something else I should look at ?
    (Actually my mothers phone , getting a new one and retraining might not be the better option !)
    Tks!
    Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, just to check first, did you get an original Nokia battery from a reputable supplier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

After DubWireless suggestion...if its an original Nokia battery, the battery block on the phone where the charger goes in could be faulty and not connecting, you should be able to pick one up online and drop it in place of the other one. Ive done it many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

it was a new nokia battery I got to replace it with , will see if I can track down one of those connectors thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

better still heres a link where you can get it, i dealt with these guys when i lived in Ireland. Click here and go to Nokia->Other Parts and its called the "3310 Bottom Connector Block" £3.99 minus the shipping so pick up a few other things to make it worth your while. hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Or just buy a new 3310. They are pretty worthless at this stage anyway! Try ebay. Would probably cost you less than you paid for the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

You'd be surprised! Most 3310's still make about 20 sterling plus about 5 sterling postage, leaving it costing you almost 40 euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

tried ebay alright , but was going to be more than 30 euro , have order the block piece from recommended website, thanks for the tip on that!

Advertisement