Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pixmania.com: avoid

• 28-07-2005 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

I'm just writing to let people know about my experiences with pixmania.com as many people on boards are referring people to the site.

I actually bought a gift certificate for my brother as he has previously bought from the site (next time he is getting an Amazon voucher). I placed the order 2 weeks ago and until 2 days ago the order was stuck in "processing" status. My VISA, however was charged practically straight away and the only item was a gift voucher so explain to me why the order was being "processed"?

Anyway I phoned customer service and a nice lady assured to me that she would sort the problem out and it should be fixed within a couple of hours. No such luck. The following day my order had progressed to "being prepared". HELLO - what is there to prepare? Not even an email to confirm that I'd ordered anything at all.

So I phoned again and got through to the same nice lady in customer services? (Have they only one person?) Who said she remembered speaking to me yesterday and she still hadn't figured out why there was a problem. So I said I wanted the problem sorted by the end of the business day - or cancelled. So I checked late this evening and still no joy.

I've been ordering online for 8 years and never had any problems - even on ebay. Has anybody else any experiences like this with this site? Its pretty embarassing for me now as I now have to go back to my brother and tell him that he'll have to make do with a (very late) alternative gift voucher as the one I ordered wasn't completed. I have to say its the worst customer service I've yet experienced.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Thats unfortunate ive had no problems with them but theres always gonna be a screw loose in the system from time to time like everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

if you were ordering camera's, try www.nomatica.ie. I ordered from them and they are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I ordered a camera from them and had it in less than a week, so I can't say I've any complaints really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bowing2Buddha

I've bought an expensive digital camera, and two mp3 players from them. I must be honest and say that I saved a fortune with them, and their service was great. Only had to wait about 2 days. Most unfortunate about the gift voucher, but i think every company slips up once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I was going to order something off them, at least thinking about it. I'll avoid them now, although they seem a little pricey-er then ebuyer.com, at least for me in the UK.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Never had any probs with pixmania myself. Have ordered several times off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

bought a camera off em last year. no problems with em at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

just got a camera from them last week, no hassle & arrived 4 days after the order.

But I agree that the real test of a company is the customer service when something goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I ordered a camera from then, it came to dublin very quick.

Then I slept through the first delivery attempt. My fault.

I phoned them (DHL) and asked them to re-deliver it the next they, they said ok. It didn't arrive the next day, so I phoned them, and they said "oh, the person you were speaking to didn't put it on for re-delivery", She didn't do her job.

It then arrived the following day, which was fine, but it basically it took longer to get from one part of dublin to another, than it did to get from France to Ireland.

I wanted to return the product and seeminly they only offer a 7 Day Warranty? WTF? 7 Days?

You have to buy a warranty when getting the prouct. Rediculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Shrimp wrote:
    I wanted to return the product and seeminly they only offer a 7 Day Warranty? WTF? 7 Days?

That's their profit margin that "Zen engagement" thingy. I can't realy say if they are good or not because I'm not permited to buy from them - don't get me wrong they'll take my money INSTANTLY after an order is placed but then they send me an e-mail asking me for photocopies of private documents like passport or drivers license to prove who I am. Like I'm going to e-mail anyone that sort of stuff! So then I have to wait for a week to get my money back :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Shrimp wrote:
    I ordered a camera from then, it came to dublin very quick.

Then I slept through the first delivery attempt. My fault.

I phoned them (DHL) and asked them to re-deliver it the next they, they said ok. It didn't arrive the next day, so I phoned them, and they said "oh, the person you were speaking to didn't put it on for re-delivery", She didn't do her job.

It then arrived the following day, which was fine, but it basically it took longer to get from one part of dublin to another, than it did to get from France to Ireland.

Did you wanna return it because it was faulty or because it took a day longer to get delivered?

Did you wanna return it because it was faulty or because it took a day longer to get delivered?

Faulty, but it was only slightly damaged, but as a result of this damage, it was weak, so the damage grew. Cracked Screen, I'm gettin it repaired for free tho.

Yeah, I dont get that, having to send your passport, or bill. Whats the point, cos like the second u send it they say, ok, thats been varified. I mean i doubt they have ppl waiting there for every single email that comes in, and surely they cant check bank accounts that quick. Or utility bills. Something smells fishy, and it's not me this time. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

sorry to be off topic but, Shrimp what does your signature say. It's doing my head in trying to figure it out.

It's my signature.

Y Sarhan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Ah, that's makes sense, how unboards like!

What to have your real signature in your signature? Well aint i just a different one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That's their profit margin that "Zen engagement" thingy. I can't realy say if they are good or not because I'm not permited to buy from them - don't get me wrong they'll take my money INSTANTLY after an order is placed but then they send me an e-mail asking me for photocopies of private documents like passport or drivers license to prove who I am. Like I'm going to e-mail anyone that sort of stuff! So then I have to wait for a week to get my money back :rolleyes:

Yeah gotta love that load of bollocks...smae with a lot of UK e-tailers in my experience;

"Oh we need to verify you are who you say you are sir"
    "My payment cleared 3 days ago and you've got your money...what's the problem?"
    "It's to protect us from fraud"
    "You're talking to the cardholder on the ****ing phone!...why would you need photocopies of sensitive documents??"
    "That's our policy"

Tossers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Wertz wrote:
    Yeah gotta love that load of bollocks...smae with a lot of UK e-tailers in my experience;

"Oh we need to verify you are who you say you are sir"
    "My payment cleared 3 days ago and you've got your money...what's the problem?"
    "It's to protect us from fraud"
    "You're talking to the cardholder on the ****ing phone!...why would you need photocopies of sensitive documents??"
    "That's our policy"

Tossers
    That's exactly the conversation I had with the lady on the phone, amazing! :rolleyes: :D It seems I was not the only one faced with this sort of stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ha..

I ordered a fairly pricey digital camera from them yesterday and it shipped this morning... No one was looking for any forms of ID at all.

Good thing too though, as I would have probably taken my business elsewhere if they'd asked me for all that stuff.

As it stands I've gotten the camera for €154 less than it would have been to buy off a shop shelf in town.

Advertisement