Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Killing Muppets...

Options
  • 28-07-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

So I'm on the TIG 64 man server tonite, having a good game, in the top 5 etc.
    I decided to play as a medic for a change to rack up so more points.
    I spot one of our guys needs reviving so I head over and shock him back to life only for him to get up and kill me. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt I say at the time. Then the same thing happens again. Then I get ran over in wide open space. And again. I usually don't punish for TK's but this really annoyed me so from then on when someone decided to repay me for reviving them with a bullet in the head they got punished...
    I remember reading that there might be problems with teammates showing up as red on the TIg servers over the last few days. Is this still going on, because I suspect this might be the reason behind this lunacy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well i have one explination for some of those deaths, it seems on the larger servers there can be a glitch, where you or some of your teammates will show up as an enemy to the rest of your team aswell as the enemy, so you've basicly got 2 armies after you. If you find out you are like this don't above all other things try and fly anything, cause your teammates in AA vehilces will get a valid lock on on you too. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Keyzer wrote:
    I spot one of our guys needs reviving so I head over and shock him back to life only for him to get up and kill me.

So he died and didnt respawn at a base but came back to life even tho hearing the YOU LIVE BUDDY chant , he still shot you.

Thats not a bug thats a disease Retardism.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well theres always that too, Sigpo are responsible for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Maybe it was just people extracting the urine and doing it for a "laugh" now that I've had my sleep and calmed down.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its happened to me as well. I had just unlocked my M95, saw a dude in a chopper about to take off in my base, he showed up red and I shot him at close range in the head. Got TK punished and was very confused. Its happened a couple of time since too.

A lot of bugs in this game. Its just as well its otherwise brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I got shot by a sniper (same one!) 6 times in a row. Medic kept legging out and reviving me then bang, I'm dead but medic isnt. I swore blind at the screen (the world is lucky I dont have VOIP set up) and would have happily shot the medic myself who wouldnt just let me die and get the hell out of there. I even typed in "Just let me die. PLEASE!" but nope, good ol' florence nightingale still ran out and patched me up. B*****d medics :p

must have been mad funny for the sniper though. somwhere on some forum there;s a thread going "lads, you'll never guess what I did on the server last night" git probably has screenies and everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

LoLth wrote:

must have been mad funny for the sniper though. somwhere on some forum there;s a thread going "lads, you'll never guess what I did on the server last night" git probably has screenies and everything :)

LoLth what level did that happen on?

I was sniping and that happend, there were 3 maybe 4 guys near
    the middle flag near a shed. Operation Clean Sweep i think.

I had the 50 cal. Very funny.

Could have been a different incident with you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

gallery.php?action=viewpic&picture=1833
    As you can see, i'm in a buggy with some guy comin up as red.... & my confusion in the text :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

On the subject of TKs I am getting rightly p1ssed off at being punished for my teammates running into my mines and punishing after being killed, especially after I go to the trouble of putting up a warning. New patch should have "You were killed by a mine layed by your own team, next time pay attention to the warning icon" and make it impossible to punish and just let an admin take care of anyone who abuses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

The TKs that really piss me off are those Spec Ops fukwits who seem to think that 'they' should be the ONLY people allowed to fly a chopper or a plane.

So they throw a load of C4 on the pad and wait for their ride. If by some freak of nature someone else should happen to get on first, they blow the C4 and the ride in one go.

It's so frustrating that I actually left several servers in a row where this was happening. I've seen similar things happen to a lesser extent with vehicles, but it seems to the the choppers in particular these bstards go for.

Then last night I came across a server which had no TK punishments enabled, so a muppet called "RollerGirl" essentially held the game hostage by TK'ing everything in sight. There were no admins and for some reason it wasn't possible to kick this player - so the games just deteriorated into chaos until people left the server.

It's a problem right enough. Bad times ensue when you kill someone by accident because of the 'blue/red name' bug, but when you get muppets like these two mentioned above closing down games and servers - it takes all the enjoyment out of it completely.

c0y0te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yeah I was playing on a uk server the other night and some ass wipe was team killing everything in site. had a global score of -250 at the end of the map. Why?? Also I never punish and was in a close batle and took a team player out and straight away got punished. It was obvious that I hadn't meant it but thats life I supose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dingatron wrote:
    Yeah I was playing on a uk server the other night and some ass wipe was team killing everything in site. had a global score of -250 at the end of the map. Why?? Also I never punish and was in a close batle and took a team player out and straight away got punished. It was obvious that I hadn't meant it but thats life I supose!

Hehe I also never punish...but If I get punished so help the fecker who does it.
    Anyone who has been on TiG64 and seen me get punished would have seen the flood of abuse I start to give out.

I have punish rage.

JuMpArOuNd-IR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Punish on merit some retards deserve it.

Got Tked as i was getting into a plane on Daging so eventually spawned back on boat, seen in top idiot just died also, so C4ed the plane and walked to heli pad let your man run by waited till he was about to take off.

Kdjac " your a muppet"
    Dan113 " **** you"

Kdjac[Teamkills] Dan113

then left the server ah sweet sweet childishness :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Generally I dont bother punishing because its usually an accident.

But today I went on a server (64 man on Gulf of Oman)
    I got TK'd by a medic who brought me back to life so I didnt punish. But then he killed me again and didnt revive me. I punished, but it was only after I thought that maybe I was showing up as red to him because I got TK'd by a few others too. Eventually I got fed up and left. I was killed 3 times by the enemy and another 11 times by friendly troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

KdjaC wrote:
    Kdjac " your a muppet"
    Dan113 " **** you"

Kdjac[Teamkills] Dan113

:D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

ya but what if the retard gets out and then runs infront of u as u fire at the eneny, he`s the one that deserves to be punished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i was playing a game last night, i had about 65 points (mix of team and kills was having a good game)

it was on operation cleansweep and i was playing a medic on the MEC side, we had just retaken the lower airstrip and were heading to the control center which was the last flag USA still had (its the one closest to them)
    the bridge had been blown so i had to go through the waterway and i decided to head up the hill rather than around the low route(the bridge being out meant that i might get a bit of a surprise attack) just as i was pulling up to the hill an enemy apc comes flying round the corner but it didnt see me. i line up and fire my wire guided missile, right before it hits a jeep full of my own troops flashes past andtakes my missile. 3 TKS in one go. all punished........

so i think feck it its not that bad, i continue on up the hill cursing my teammates, as i get to the top i notice the bridge hasbeen repaired and across comes flying another jeep slightly smoking, IT RAMMED ME AND DIED. and whoever was in it jumped out at the last second and got killed..... another teamkill. i got banned from the server because he started a kickvote......

pisses me off so much, i literally kept our assault going reviving people while snipers were taking potshots and i get kick/banned because of their stupidity.

but in all honesty the good games far outweigh games like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

was playin gon the TiG server last night and got hit by the "friendlies showing up as red" problem.

5 teamkills in 2 rounds :(

first two, I apologised and all was ok after I explained that they were showing up red to me.

second two, I launched a heat seeker at a heli I had a lock on. turns out they were my own guys. nothing showed up on mini map, I got a lock, htey were red. I got punished by both of them even after apologising. surely they know you cant get a lock on a friendly so it must have appeared enemy.

Last one, I was tearing along the road in a buggy being chased by a heli when a guy runs straight onto the road in front of me going "hey I need a ride" . No way I could avoid him. got punished :(, and then he c4'ed the jeep I jumped into on respawn.....

I got tk'ed a few times myself last night but only punished one. Taking a flag (standing in the open) and some git in a chopper lands smack on top of me. :( probably shouldnt have punished in hindsight....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

If anyone was on the TIG 32 man server last night I must apologise for blowing up our UAV and Radar scanner. Because I hadnt played as US for a while I assumed I was MEC, so blew both up by accident.
    Although the resulting roars I got on VOIP were quite funny, apologies again.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

I got the funniest one, well for me anyways

i'm playing Strike at karkand and im happy as larry, and i kill the same guy three times

and he tries to vote me out, and the coward wouldn't even say why!

( i know it's not team killing but i thought it was okay to put here :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah i've had that - people on the other team trying to vote you out because you're killing them so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

i was playing along side my friend recently and he got a AA lock and blew up a chopper full of teammates. I didnt know it was posible untill i saw it. he was none too pleased when he got punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Well, they're heat seekin, I think anyhow, says locked / shoot though :confused: Anyhow, if miss target locked on just attracted till heat i think.

But on own team vehicles there is a big X in the square so you know till avoid.

Also, in relation to kicking, if you've laid mines & blind ppl start goin over them & punishin, I will initiate a kick vote if it is a option. They shouldnt be playin this if they cant see :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Berns wrote:

Also, in relation to kicking, if you've laid mines & blind ppl start goin over them & punishin, I will initiate a kick vote if it is a option. They shouldnt be playin this if they cant see :p

I don't agree with you here . I think one of the greatest things about this game is how EA seem to have opened up a new hobby to the visually impaired . They seem to hav done quiet well bringing the game to the mentally impaired aswell . :)

Advertisement