Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help DVD Protected

• 28-07-2005 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I Would Like To copy a Dvd But It Says it is protected, is there a way to bypass this Or can i upload them on to my computer and try and get it on to Dvd :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Loads of ways... don't know if they can be discussed here though!!! When you say protected do you mean copyrighted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

If you wish to backup a DVD that you own im sure "dvd decrypter" will burn it onto your pc, but dont blame me if im wrong!

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

The only route, and one I use routinely is :-

Compress to around 3.47Gb< with DVDShrink 1.03.

Burn with CloneDVD 1.3.11.2.

Use this knowlege responsibly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Sorry TomCo why 3.47? You mean 4.47 yea? Or am I missing some thing? :E

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

if i was you i would'nt disscuss this subject anymore on this forum ...As ive seen people been banned for much less ..if you googled this subject first it might stop you from being banned ...read the boards charter :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

www.doom9.org

Perpare for a steep learning curve if you want to get serious about this stuff.
    If you don't then there are turnkey applications available (like DVD Shrink).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

btw u guys do know that SOme compaNY had dvd decrypter canned? No more issues or builds of that program - there out of business...

As it's a bannable subject - me is saying no more but I know how to do it (I'm cruel sometimes :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's not that hard to do, assuming you own the DVD and are doing a back-up for your own use only.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

How to backup a DVD for legal use. DVD's by their very nature are fragile. I have a 1 year old daughter who's an expert at trashing them. As a result of this I back all mine up to my HD's.

DVD Decrypter will rip it to your hard drive removing the region code protection, and the CSS copyright protection. It will rip it to a folder on your HD in VOB format (the DVD structure format). You can play these on your PC from your HD using many different Apps.

The are a number of Apps that will then shrink it for you from Dual Layer to Single Layer size. Most have been canned by MRAA, but can still be found. DVD X Copy Platinum is one, as is DVD Shrink as mentioned above. To get the best quality, the programs allow you to selct which components of the original DVD you wish to carry over to your backup. To keep the main Movie at as close to the original quality it is usually best to lose all the extras and the other language sound tracks.

Other alternatives are to re-encode it to a much smaller format such as Div-X, KVCD etc. But doing this usually has more to do with piracy then backing up so I won't go into it.

Inqui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

its all right, i got a few programs of a mate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement