Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICE 'In Case of Emergency' Contact

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This was already talked about in AH, around the time of the first London bombings, AFAIK. But still, no harm in looking at it with clearer eyes now that things have calmed down. Personally, I also think that this is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think it's a stupid and dangerous idea. Just because one NHS trust agrees with it doesn't mean every emergency services worker int he UK and Ireland knows about it.

Why not just put 'Mum' 'Dad' 'Home' 'Work' into your phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

eth0_ wrote:
    I think it's a stupid and dangerous idea.

I don't follow, how is it any more stupid or dangerous than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

eth0_ wrote:
    I think it's a stupid and dangerous idea. Just because one NHS trust agrees with it doesn't mean every emergency services worker int he UK and Ireland knows about it.

it's an new initiative, which may take up over time, if it does then people who would need to need to know about it will... of course you don't *have* to enter it on your phone if you think it is so stupid...

i sure wouldn't want some stranger potentially calling my mum in the middle of the night to say i'm critically ill after having just been in a car accident - would rather nominate someone else for an initial point of contact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The thread is still alive and healthy in AH:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=278356

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement