Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2, episode 3: "Frakked/Fragged"

• 29-07-2005 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Mayhap I'm early posting, mayhap I'm not. I'm in London for the weekend meeting friends, so I'm posting while I can.

I've seen both titles listed for this episode, so I'll go with both.

With the opener out of the way, I can exepect that we'll see season 2 get into full swing with this episode.

How was tonight's Galactica? 17 votes

It was amazing!
    0% 0 votes
    It was great!
    11% 2 votes
    It was okay...
    76% 13 votes
    It was crap!
    11% 2 votes
    I'd rather watch Andromeda!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Yeah It's about time to get Adama back onto the scene at this stage. He's already been basically missing for 2/13 episodes.

Ok I have a question about the previous episode(s). Why didn't the Cylons who boarded the ship simply bring a nuke with them and detonate it ?

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Why didn't the Cylons who boarded the ship simply bring a nuke with them and detonate it ?

It wouldn't have made much of a season if the ship the series is named after got blown up. In the earlier epsiodes they've shown they can detect nukes and it would shown up straight away. Only Apollo really noticed it during the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

davej wrote:
    Yeah It's about time to get Adama back onto the scene at this stage. He's already been basically missing for 2/13 episodes.
    davej
    2/20 episodes, you mean.

Liked this episode, good stuff happening on Kobol although at times a bit cheesey, Baltar .. ahem .. Mr. Vice President .. was great as usual. The stuff with the president and Tigh was good although it was obvious what would happen. The Martial Law sets up the next few episodes pretty well, good to see Richard Hatch back aswell

Oh, and as for the thing with Adama, bear in mind it's on average between 3-6 days per episode with this show so it's unlikely he'll show for a bit yet.

I'll put it down as "good" , not great.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Enjoyed it, without being overwhelmend. The Kobol stuff reminded me a little of a horror movie where one character goes crazy as everyone starts to die off. The ending scene, with the Chief blazing away, was a little bit corny but I loved Baltar reedeeming it all by saying how dumb the plan was (and given Baltar's not military, could they really have ordered him around?)

The Prez. stuff we've seen coming for a while but it's nice to see it finally kicked in - now the religious vs. military arm can come into full play with martial law having been declared. I don't see a happy end for Tighe from this one...

One thing I'd now like to see is a bit more movement on the Cylon's plans via the baby. Let's see some of that soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Brilliant epsiode. Actually preferred it to last weeks. Amazing how they managed to fit so much in.

Kobol bits were great.
    wasn't expecting Crashdown to be killed
    :eek:

And we got some tidbits on an individual colony, Geminon(?). I hope we'll see more of that over the season.

And since the Quorom now know about Le Prez & the Prophecy, etc, then the whole fleet knows, which sets up the whole of season 2 proper now.

Only downer:
    no Starbuck/Helo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Good plot episode that laid down some nice sub plots for leater in the season.

Baltar as always was wonderful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Fantastic episode. Sci-fi is always at its finest when the actors are given free reign to do what they do best.

Aaron Douglas (Tyrol) said on another board that a lot of ad-hocing is allowed, if its thought it will work better than the script, and you can really see it in action here.

Best part of the episode:
    When Six is telling Baltar that one will betray the other and when they come to whether or not they'll all die or fail, he turns around and calmly says to her, in full belief, "I am the Hand of God". End of discussion.

Advertisement