Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz up an old system.

Options
  • 29-07-2005 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

What would you suggest to jazz up this system, I was thinking of getting a new Gfx card but my mobo is only 4x Agp. You may not think it but this system can run Doom3 on Ultra with hardly any slowdown, but its getting on a bit so Id like to upgrade if possible.

Rename the attachment to html.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

There's no way that rig can run Doom3 with all the eye Candy.

As for Upgrading, I'd get a new Skt 478 mobo, like the ABIT IC7-G with an AGPx8 slot. A new Graphics Card like a 6800GT, and see how far I could overclock your proc. You'll need new RAM too unless your existing RAM is PC-3200, and unless your case is ATX you'll need a new case, and if your PSU is crap, you'll need one of them too.........

Otherwise just buy a better Graphics card, making sure that the one you buy isn't wasted in an AGPx4 slot.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

see attached file for what his specs are.

Advertisement