Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav MP3 Player

• 29-07-2005 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

What is your favourite MP3 Player

Anybody got any other MP3 Player they like? 44 votes

iPod
    0%
    iRiver
    22%
    daveirltmanchumpweesliprainbow kirbybestypokermonkeyGoldsteinuncle_sam_iedub1dude 10 votes
    Creative Zen
    47%
    eclectichoneyGoodshapeCreamy GoodnessrubadubOfflerCrocGodaaflong_bchumpmollservengeance52WaltonsgrimlochHashSlingingKevin_rc_ieDonkeyStyle \o/Tobias Greeshmandjmarkus1huge1muckwarriordigitally-yours 21 votes
    Rio
    29%
    babyhackchumproboLSLFANTech OverhaulZaphoPhotiKTRICRoadSweeperjayneemacCrimETheIceMakerDude111 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

iAudio X5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

iRiver
    Just putting it at the top of the new post board so people can see. Poor response so far. Spread the word I'd like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

Rio
    Zen Touch 20gb
    luvly jubly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Sony Vaio Pocket tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Sony Vaio Pocket tbh

I'm this close to getting the 40gb version of this instead of the HD-5H....how do you find it?
    Any downsides I should know about? (apart from the usual Sonic Stage woes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Creative Zen
    iRiver H140 40GB is what I have and it's the bees knees. There's even an open source firmware for it. Check out the thread here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Creative Zen
    my personal favourite is the iRiver H10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Rio
    Creative Zen Micro

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't see the point of the poll tbh. Most people, myself included (iRiver), probably have only ever bought one mp3 player, so obviously the one they've bought will be the one they vote for. A better poll would be which mp3 player(s) you own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Creative Zen
    zaph wrote:
    Don't see the point of the poll tbh. Most people, myself included (iRiver), probably have only ever bought one mp3 player, so obviously the one they've bought will be the one they vote for. A better poll would be which mp3 player(s) you own.

People who have only one and are pleased with it will vote for it. Somebody may have gotten a present of an iPod but consider a creative to be the better. Or they could have bought it thinking it was the only one out there. I am surprised at the amount of people who have many types, there seems to be a lot with a few players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Creative Zen
    I haven't bought an mp3 player yet, but I've been oogling those iRivers... mmmm cheap.
    My personal preference is for smaller, lighter, cheaper... then whatever kind of storage I can get in that category... although I'd want at least 512MB... 64 is just madness, especially for the asking price(s).
    Basically I don't want to be walking around with €300 worth of kit, and having to worry about dropping it, losing it or having it stolen.
    I'd be a little more relaxed about having a €60-€80 player that I could fit comfortably into any pocket without making a huge bulge... "Hey is that an I-pod in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" ;)
    It's not like I'm going on a round-the-world trip that I'd need 400 hours of mp3s anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

iRiver
    Ah yeh but do you really want to have to keep updating your mp3 player all the time. The ipod 4gb is perfect for me. With 1,000 songs and limitless playlees created on the go I can't go wrong with that. And plus any time you plug it into your computer to charge it, it automatically updates it with itunes and all the latest cds you bought, both adding new songs and removing songs or albums you just don't like.

Sweet

I'm surprised at the lack of votes ont this. I was nearly sure evenbody a mp3. But there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Creative Zen
    I've had a Creative, have an Archos and have used both the iPod and iRiver.

Creative and iPod (and sony and so many others) loose a lot of points in my opinion for the sh|tty software you need to make them go (which, for one thing, makes linux compatability a nightmare).

Archos is alright, but my money is firmly on the iRiver.. good solid players, good price and NO software needed (pops up on any machine as an external harddrive.. just copy and past your tunes to the directory).

Advertisement