Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else addicited to coke?

• 29-07-2005 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

I mean Coca Cola now not that white powder stuff! but in all honesty i stopped drinkin coke a fair few months back (and i'm not gonna get dragged into the why not argument before anyone asks) and ever since then i've been having serious cravings for a drink. now this isn't the mmmm i'd love adrink kinda things this is actually dreaming about drinking it and even staring at it in shops. it's really annoying esp when i see all the gamers drinkin like over 2L of the stuff a day. Has this happened anyone else or am i just plain mad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yep, Diet Coke. I have at least 2 bottles a day (500ml) , love the stuff. It doesn't really quench your thurst but I find that I can't get enough of it. Someone told me once that there is something in it that makes it addictive.

On a different note, this is my 666th post. OOoooooh Evvviillllll......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Your teeth are going to rot, and you're addicted to the sugar hit, not the drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I seriously think there is something addictive in Diet Coke. I was drinking 2-4 500ml a day last year. It does not help your health/weight at all.

So I went cold turkey on it and for a couple of months I had horrible withdrawal. I ended up getting fizzy water to help the addiction which tastes like crap for a while but helps keep me off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

sinecurea wrote:
    you're addicted to the sugar hit, not the drink.

thats what i thought but i eat enough sweets and bars every day that it's almost a sin (esp when i'm still only 11st) and then my mate thought it was the caffine so i started drinkin coffee and that still hasn't stopped it. i'm on strength 5 expresso's for god sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Yer man Paulo Di Canio once spoke of his addiction -he used to consume litres everyday. Got to the stage where he started suffering pains, went to the doctor and was told his Liver is tanking coz of all the coke. He had to give it up completley. It can be nasty after a while alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Coke = caffenine = additive...i'm just driinking a bottle of it now!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

have you tried snorting it?

seriously though, it can't be good for you.

try the fizzy water thing, and see how you go.

personally i'd write to coca cola and tell them you're addicted and ask them what they put in it to make it so addictive and if they have any advise to help you kick your habit. just to see what they say.

vibe666 wrote:
    have you tried snorting it?

seriously though, it can't be good for you.

try the fizzy water thing, and see how you go.

personally i'd write to coca cola and tell them you're addicted and ask them what they put in it to make it so addictive and if they have any advise to help you kick your habit. just to see what they say.

they'll probably send me out a huge case of it with a little note sayin "with compliments"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I used to be addicted to it. I'm now addicted to Lucozade sport (The Fizzy trype in the blue bottle) Unfortunality it;s not available in the Uk.... so regular or Orange it is for me.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My girlfriend drinks so much I worry about her health. She's not fat or anything, she just drinks it 24/7, whenever I'm over she always has one of those 1.25 litre bottles in her room.

On a different note, a fantastic alternative to coke if you feel like coke if Riverrock flavored water. Its just plain fizzy water, with a lovely taste of fruit. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, same here. Drink a bottle of Lucozade Sport before and after playing football.

But its good for you, right? Cos it has Sport in the title..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Junior Cert stress made me drink ALOT, like about 2/3 litres over 3/4 days for about 2 weeks. I'm going into 5th year next year so I'll be actually studyng as opposed to 4th year slacking, so I guess i''ll be back on the coke....

Riverrock flavored water... made by coca cola hmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭ShreddedHumans

Used to be but now I am addicted to 7up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

At one point I was drinking about 4litres a day. I never thought of it as an addiction. It was just the life style I had at the time and lots of shift work.
    Diet coke will still turn to sugar in the body if your diet isn't right. It's a bit like the plastic bags that are biodegradable but only under the right conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭shellby

same thing with a mate of mine, he drinks about 4 litres of coke a day no BS at least once a month he has an apsis in his back teeth and sometimes the pain is so bad that he can't work.
    the thing is no matter how much pain he is in he still guzzles back the coke
    My cousin works with him and says he drinks at leadt 8 cans of the stuff by 4pm, that can't b good for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I dont see whats so good about coke. I know on a summers day and Ice cold can of coke is REALLY nice, but thats about it for me.

Oh and whats the deal, Cans are SO much nice than bottled coke.

Mixed berries - Lucozade sport is where its at, After a run that stuff is sex in liquid !!!!1one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm addicted to gin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

shellby wrote:
    says he drinks at leadt 8 cans of the stuff by 4pm

Ok I thought I was bad - I'm addicted to Diet Coke but have 3/4 cans a day (and it has to be cans - not the same from the plastic bottle!). First one at 7 in the morning!
    But thats only when I'm at work - when I'm off I don't drink that much at all! I would normally get a bottle of 7Up or water - which I find weird!
    Went cold turkey with the Diet Coke last year - and it was so hard!
    But then I gave in to the addiction again.........

*off I go to the Coke machine now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

my mate died from a coca cola overdose. his addiction was pretty bad though, was on 22l a day of the stuff. Ruined his life, lost his job, wife and family. Was living in the gutter for the past 3 months, searching for his next glass.
    He was found dead outside mcdonalds, doctors say he had 26l of coke on him, the damage was done however when it was mixed with 7up, he drank 4l of 7up. They didnt mix too well together, his heart gave in.
    RIP Jimmy "coke monster" O'Rielly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭shellby

kjt wrote:
    Oh and whats the deal, Cans are SO much nice than bottled coke.

so true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

my mate died from a coca cola overdose. his addiction was pretty bad though, was on 22l a day of the stuff. Ruined his life, lost his job, wife and family. Was living in the gutter for the past 3 months, searching for his next glass.
    He was found dead outside mcdonalds, doctors say he had 26l of coke on him, the damage was done however when it was mixed with 7up, he drank 4l of 7up. They didnt mix too well together, his heart gave in.
    RIP Jimmy "coke monster" O'Rielly
    Shame on you Coca Cola! SHAME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

I was hooked on coke, but now I addicted to can's of Pepsi Max.... at least 2 a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

all these coke addicts. i think i read somewhere that it was the new drug of choice for the younger generation in dublin these days.

oh, and coke light is better thandiet coke.

yes they are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The largest legal purchaser of cocaine in the world is Coca-Cola.
    They have removed the psychoactive ingredients and what they add now is a "bitter" flavour agent from the cocaine, no longer the hard stuff.
    This is where the myth of the coca-cola recipe secret comes as they wouldn't admit for years that there were still constituents of cocaine in it as an ingredient.
    I know they have removed the cocaine hydrochloride but I still cant help thinking that there is still "something" in there with more addictive qualities than caffeine.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99040.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Yeah i used to be addicted as well.

Had to at least have a bottle of 500ml Coke a day, or I'd start getting headaches. I've only stopped drinking the stuff daily just recently, although I still get it from time to time.

It was hard at first, and then after a few days, I find it easier to just walk away from it.

But every now and again it calls to me...

Oh, and I also agree that they taste better in cans. Must be some scientific reason in relation to pressure in cans and bottles or whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

vibe666 wrote:
    all these coke addicts. i think i read somewhere that it was the new drug of choice for the younger generation in dublin these days.

oh, and coke light is better thandiet coke.

yes they are different.

Yes indeed, It's the choice of a new generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I drink Coke every once in awhile, maybe 1 bottle a week? Never came across as that nice to me, unless I was really thirsty?

Really don't get how people find it addictive....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/

also this thread has made me want a coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Snopes wrote:
    By Heath's calculation, the amount of ecgonine [an alkaloid in the coca leaf that could be synthesized to create cocaine] was infinitesimal: no more than one part in 50 million. In an entire year's supply of 25-odd million gallons of Coca-Cola syrup, Heath figured, there might be six-hundredths of an ounce of cocaine.

So about the same amount as in gram of Charlie in Reynards then ;)
    :P

Advertisement