Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else addicited to coke?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Gave up any fizzy drinks a few months ago. If u could only see what that stuff is doing to your teeth :eek: . Coke is bad news, have u ever stuck a small coin in fresh coke and left it for a few days :rolleyes: . You will never drink it again. U no that the same stuff they put in coke, is used to make toilet cleaner :rolleyes: . Evil stuff, eats the lining of your stomach....................oh this list goes on.

PS: Any 1 drink milkshakes from macdonalds, got a tasty fact about those 2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

In summer this year (I'm goin into 6th year now) comin up to my "this is intended to make you do pass" french exam I like drunk 4.5litres of lidl apple juice (the 100% stuff) a night for one week, I used to wake up at 1,2 and 3 in the morning just to wander into the bathroom, I don't know which was worse, drinking all that cheap crap or trying to understand the guy behind the counter at the supermarket.

As for coke, anyone go into Marks and Spencer lately? I mean I always knew they only had their own brand but they sell their crap M&S cola for 95c-the same price of coca-cola but it tastes like crap, and those annoying Dubliners (no offence it's just they are all from Dublin and that is the best way to describe them when they are in cork) from the hanley centre just wait outside the doors of the place and pounce on everyone begging for cash, you know they get paid for charity????

I collected for epilipsy Ireland during 4th year and I got nothing, not a cent, just a voulcher for a small hamburger which I sold for 50c, so I guess yeah I got 50c, but they get propper wages for collecting for charity, I see I am going off the point here but does anyone agree that they sould have a big sign saying "I GET 20% or so OF WHAT YOU PAY ME SO NOT ALL OF YOUR MONEY IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HELP ALCOHOLICS BUT IT IS GOING TO HELP ME DO SOME UNDERAGE DRINKING ON FRIDAY NIGHT"????

And they stand in front of you, wtf?????? leave me alone, I don't wait around the street harassing you and your friends, if I did I would throw myself off a bridge dew to the shame brought on me and my family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

this one time in band camp....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

have u ever stuck a small coin in fresh coke and left it for a few days :rolleyes: . You will never drink it again. Evil stuff, eats the lining of your stomach

sorry mate i hate to say this (esp when coke is involved but red sauce (ketchup) does the same to coins. rub it on and see. and the inside of your stomach is a lot more acidic than coke. that is an urban legend my friend

fact from fiction

anyway i'm quite glad i'm not the only one who finds it addictive /phew

sorry mate i hate to say this (esp when coke is involved but red sauce (ketchup) does the same to coins. rub it on and see. and the inside of your stomach is a lot more acidic than coke. that is an urban legend my friend

Bottom line, its VERY bad for u. Your teeth are going to take a beating. I loved coke, the taste ect......... but its not worth it. I think at the end of the day fresh orange juice tastes better and actually quenches your thirst.

PS: Guess wat makes your mac milkshake so lovley and thick?? Ill have the answer after this commercial break :p

• Advertisement

/waits with bated breath....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i drink 2-3 litresof coke a day in uni :eek: the only thing i drink during the summer is water..weird..

PS: Guess wat makes your mac milkshake so lovley and thick?? Ill have the answer after this commercial break

............ Pig Fat :o . Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

it won't light :(

it won't light

Hhehehe, :D
    But seriously, how rotten is that, u would think its just good old milk and icecream, but somehow macdonalds find ways to stick a pig into out bloody milkshake, stupid idiots :mad: . Used to love those things, havent had 1 since i got this info :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Hhehehe, :D
    But seriously, how rotten is that, u would think its just good old milk and icecream, but somehow macdonalds find ways to stick a pig into out bloody milkshake, stupid idiots :mad: . Used to love those things, havent had 1 since i got this info :rolleyes:
    WTf???

Where'd u get that info from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah I used to be hooked on the stuff... cost me a pretty penny in dentist bills I can tell you.
    Between that and the panic attacks, I've sworn off the shíte forever.
    I sometimes used to go out to the shops just to buy a can of coke because I felt a need for it.
    The gas thing is though, now that I've been off coke for a few years (and fizzy sugary drinks in general) I wonder why I ever drank it in the first place... it doesn't even taste nice... and who the hell wants stupid fizzy bubbles in their drink? It's madness really, all they're good for is making you belch.
    I'm sure you could sell bottled piss as a softdrink if you put enough sugar in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

I had/have a minor addiction; maybe 4-5 cans a week, and of course if there's a bottle in the frudge at home I can't resist swigging out of it.

Does anyone else think Coke tastes better from a mug?

horseflesh wrote:
    I had/have a minor addiction; maybe 4-5 cans a week, and of course if there's a bottle in the frudge at home I can't resist swigging out of it.

Does anyone else think Coke tastes better from a mug?

No I think it tastes better from the bottle,

anyone here ever taste Coca-Cola Classic? Nicer or Worse than the European stuff? I think it is worse than our own Coke however when I bought it in america it came in 590ml bottles, yes and extra 90mls for nothing

When i did drink the stuff, i found machine coke to be the best, with lots of ice. Most cinemas use machine coke.

PS: Look on the internet, its a well know fact at this point :) . Got another one. Do you know , they use more potatoes in there milkshakes than they use in there french fries :eek: :eek: .

http://www.sportsfilter.com/comments.cfm/2299

My sister was going out with a food critic for some newspaper, he used to tell her all the wonderful things they put on our food :rolleyes: , lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

As an American Southerner, I can relate (Yankees tend to drink Pepsi: *puke*). It's hard to explain my addiction to this drink, even though I know it's bad for me. I guess it's because I associate it with good times, from my earliest memories. As a young child, when my mom controlled my diet, I associated Coke with birthdays, holidays, movies, and other special occasions. Not to bore you with my entire beverage history, but by the time I was independent enough to choose my own diet, I was drinking 6- 12 Cokes a day. Anyways, as I got older (I’m 28), I realized I couldn’t keep a slim waist with my same old habits. So I had to make some hard choices. Instead of drinking Coke now, I drink carbonated water in cold twelve oz cans. After experimenting with diet colas, teas, coffees, and whatnot, I realized that cold carbonation is the main thing. I drink La Croix now. I’m sure they got an equivalent in Ireland (even if it’s just generic club soda), but if you force yourself to make a habit of it, you’ll eventually forget about Coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭mokeymokey

yep i drink about 4 liters a day at the mo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'd usually have a 500ml bottle at breakfast and lunch, with 2 regular cans for dinner every day. The dinner time cans are usually put in the freezer for about 20 minutes beforehand, for that extra cold taste.

If i'm ever in Newry, i'll make sure to pop into Sainsburys to get some of the 8 packs of bottles. I don't know why they don't sell them down here in supermarkets tbh. They taste way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

segaBOY wrote:
    No I think it tastes better from the bottle,

anyone here ever taste Coca-Cola Classic? Nicer or Worse than the European stuff? I think it is worse than our own Coke however when I bought it in america it came in 590ml bottles, yes and extra 90mls for nothing
    You got a point there. American Coke switched to corn syrup as a sweetener years ago, and most other countries still use pure cane sugar. There's all kinds of conspiracy theories in the States to explain this, but mainly I think it has to do with the corn surplus we've been having for years (Coke has admitted that they started to gradually blend corn syrup with the original cane sugar in the 1980's). Anyways, a lot of American Coke purists now buy Mexican Coke (it still comes in the thick, retro glass bottles and you can buy it at any Latino market in any sizeable American city).

Got another mac fact :D , could start a whole thread on these :p .
    Macdonalds use more potatoe in the milkshakes than they do in there fries :eek:

• Advertisement

You got a point there. American Coke switched to corn syrup as a sweetener years ago, and most other countries still use pure cane sugar. There's all kinds of conspiracy theories in the States to explain this, but mainly I think it has to do with the corn surplus we've been having for years (Coke has admitted that they started to gradually blend corn syrup with the original cane sugar in the 1980's). Anyways, a lot of American Coke purists now buy Mexican Coke (it still comes in the thick, retro glass bottles and you can buy it at any Latino market in any sizeable American city).

If anyone wants to taste coca-cola classic (I tink it is the american stuff) I found it years ago in a chinese restaurant but I don't go eat out often so it could be common place in restaurants!! Hey Houston Griffin according to my friend when he was 14 he bought European Coke in an Irish bar (I mean the propper ones) in New York but he could have been full of crap so the coke purists may not need to take a trip to little mexico!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

me, i'm completly addicted. i'm sure they put something inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I havent read the whole thread but its the caffeine that makes it addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I said that t'other day but in retrospect it's not jst the caffeine cos I was addicted to caffeine-free diet coke for ages too!!

plus i've started drinking coffee to see if that'd help and nope, craving still as bad as ever :mad:

danniemcq wrote:
    plus i've started drinking coffee to see if that'd help and nope, craving still as bad as ever :mad:

Ever try starting on Pepsi and weening your way off it? Oh be warned, Pepsi Max is the EXACT same as Diet Pepsi, Pepsico inc. just thought males might look gay if they were caught drinking a "girls version of pepsi" so they decided to bring out a rebranded version of Diet Pepsi just for guys, sneeky bastards, LONG LIVE COKE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Khalim wrote:
    Had to at least have a bottle of 500ml Coke a day, or I'd start getting headaches.

Christ, the exact same thing happened to me. Was addicted over the last year or so, and drank about 2 litres of Diet Coke a day. Tried to go cold turkey a couple of times, but only just managed it successfully a couple of weeks ago. It was really some shock to my system because I got headaches, I had very bad diarrhea, and I got quite depressed aswell. :eek:

Haven't had a drop since, I'm proud to say. I think it might be due to the fact that I've gotten into the whole fitness thing recently, so that was an extra insentive to quit. Although I did have a Pepsi last time I went to the cinema. :p

Still, that diet coke is LETHALLY addictive. Honestly can't be a good thing.

Good stuff karl :) . People, draw inspiration from this, it can be done and it needs to be done :D.
    PS: Dont think lucozade is the answer, that stuff is just as bad, sports drink :rolleyes: , sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh, by the way... I drink Green Tea. Don't know if that helps, but it might be worth noting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

sorry to go off topic but i just thought i'd shake kens hand *shakes hand* for getting 10,000 posts cool man

Advertisement