Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else addicited to coke?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

steoob wrote:
    sorry to go off topic but i just thought i'd shake kens hand *shakes hand* for getting 10,000 posts cool man

Thanks. I am officially a living legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

youve always been a legend man

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I nearly go through a 2ltr of coke a day.Im drinking it right now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Kare Bear wrote:
    I nearly go through a 2ltr of coke a day.Im drinking it right now. :)

STOP!

I've noticed that since stopping, even my teeth don't bleed half as much as they used to, and they generally are a lot cleaner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

As an initial part of a health treatment in April of this year, I had to swear off all sweet things for three weeks - Coca-Cola included. I wasn't even allowed to have sugar in my tea. The doctor said that each can of conventional Coke contains seven teaspoons of sugar. Yikes!!

I was never addicted to Coke, but I did enjoy its silky, smooth aftertaste. Now I can't even tolerate the sugar content of 7up, never mind Coke. Mind you, the condition of my skin and stomach is maaaaaaach better now.

(And tea with sugar now just tastes bleuch!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Used to drink alot of ths stuff, esp just before going to bed (otherwise the cravings would keep me awake). But I've found a way around it. Apple juice. Drink apple juice, and the cravings dissappear. Even Tesco apple juice!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Still, that diet coke is LETHALLY addictive. Honestly can't be a good thing.
    and lethally disgusting....always been addicted to coke....it's taking years off my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gave up any fizzy drinks a few months ago. If u could only see what that stuff is doing to your teeth :eek: . Coke is bad news, have u ever stuck a small coin in fresh coke and left it for a few days :rolleyes: . You will never drink it again. U no that the same stuff they put in coke, is used to make toilet cleaner :rolleyes: . Evil stuff, eats the lining of your stomach....................oh this list goes on.

Snopes wrote:
    Coca-Cola will not dissolve a tooth (or a nail, or a penny, or a piece of meat) overnight.

Coca-Cola contains acids (such as citric acid and phosphoric acid) which will eventually dissolve items such as teeth (given enough time), but so do plenty of other substances we commonly ingest (such as orange juice). The concentration of acid in these products is so low that our digestive systems are easily capable of coping with it with no harm to us.

The idea that any substance which can dissolve teeth must therefore damage our teeth if we drink it is nonsensical. We don't hold drinks in our mouths for days at a time — any liquids we drink simply wash over our teeth very briefly, and our teeth are further protected by their enamel coating and the ameliorating effects of saliva.

Who to believe?
    I sometimes used to go out to the shops just to buy a can of coke because I felt a need for it.

I often go to the shops JUST to buy a paper, am I addicted? :confused:

psst, its what shops are for.

segaBOY wrote:
    No I think it tastes better from the bottle,

anyone here ever taste Coca-Cola Classic? Nicer or Worse than the European stuff? I think it is worse than our own Coke however when I bought it in america it came in 590ml bottles, yes and extra 90mls for nothing

Coke tastes different in certain parts of the world, I assume its something to do with the local water r summat. My local shop often has slightly odd shaped bottles of coke with arabic writing on it,it doesnt taste anywhere near as nice as stuff bottles here.

When i did drink the stuff, i found machine coke to be the best, with lots of ice. Most cinemas use machine coke.

PS: Look on the internet, its a well know fact at this point :) .

It would be different, doesnt need to be a "well know fact" . Its mixd on site and most places are to lazy to check the calbration is right, so you always have either too much or too little syrup.

Got another mac fact :D , could start a whole thread on these :p .
    Macdonalds use more potatoe in the milkshakes than they do in there fries :eek:

You already said that about 3 posts up. I have 2 potatoes, the bigger one has more potatoe in it, whats your point.
    BTW I tried mixing pig fat,potatoe, milk, sugar and vanilla and it doesnt taste like a milkshake :rolleyes:

Oh and its not a fact unless you have proof. Just cos you said it doesnt maje it fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Angeldust

I am a slave to diet cherry coke. And my latest kick is Jarrito's mexican soda. Liquid sugar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Stekelly, in denial?? :D
    If u look at the last page u will see i posted a site about the mac facts. Both products are made from potatoe starch and there is more in a milkshake than in a fry.
    Snopes, i had a 10min convo with my dentist on this topic last week and he confirmed that the enamel on our teeth doesnt stand a chance against coke. He said if u drank enough coke within a year the enamel on most of your teeth would become very brittle. The coke does not just wash over out teeth and then its happy days. Firstly the coke leaves acids in out salivia which attacks the teeth. It also leaves particles on the teeth which also attack them.
    Coke will destroy your teeth!! People who drink coke are just like smokers, they try make themselves believe everything will be okay. Having smoked and being addicted to coke i can see this now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement