Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Broadband

• 29-07-2005 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hello

I currently have satelite broadband as I live in Claremorris, Mayo and what do you know, NO BROADBAND SERVICE!!
    So as i was saying i have satelite provided by digiweb and paying a ridiculous price of 120 a month for 512kbps!!!
    So i want to change isp and was wondering whether E3 Broanband were good??????
    Anyone using them as isp???

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Hi I am using AVC broadband who supply E3 broadband with 1 way satellite packages I pay €41 a month fro 768 downstrean connection I get arounf 100KB when downloading

Hope this helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

it whatever you pay to E3 + a Line rental + flat rate for the uplink , e3 are one way sat down .

then they charge a ludicrous installation charge .

Mayo is Wireless Country, see http://www.westnet.ie/ for a better option

Claremorris is not on the next list of DSL towns so god knows when or if you can get DSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

Now as far as i know the digiweb system is a two way satellite

where both the ones mentioned here are only one way so if you ask me ill stay with digiweb (i am a digiweb customer my self and know the service is not that grate but 2 way VS 1 way satellite I know what my choice will be)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tis 2 way which is why 1 way @ 41 + Line Rental @ 24 + Flat Rate @ €29 + Installation @ 300 or 400 makes Digiweb look kinda OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

e3 broadband have two way on business type satelite, do u have a link for avc broadband?

• Advertisement

what should i do, e3 broadband have good prices seemingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

www.avcbroadband.com

Ok E does seem to have good prices but you still have to use you phone line for upload so you have to take account of you phone bill @ the end of the month

avc broadband good?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

shortys94 wrote:
    I currently have satelite broadband as I live in Claremorris, Mayo and what do you know, NO BROADBAND SERVICE!!

How far outside Claremorris are you? Have you good Line of Sight to the town? My cousin there has ADSL, so it is enabled. You could build a wireless link to get access to an ADSL line. www.irishwan.org is a good place to look for info on this kinda thing.

Cheers,
    Dave.

well i might have line of sight from town but i am a few miles in distance from it

• Advertisement
Advertisement