Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

look, i gotta go home, enjoyed the friendly arguments :D

take it easy and have a good weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I love guns n roses at the min , I seem to go through phases of loving them and hating them , its weird , but ya cannot deny that they were a brilliant band!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Appetite is a fantastic album. They were a great live band and their presence is burned into musical history. The Spagetti Incident would only appeal to fans who want to hear more of *that* voice and *that* guitar tone but as a cohesive album?? Complete rubbish coming from the band that could have ruled the world!

It's a shame that Axl had to drag the name through the dirt and fans have had to put up with the crap with the concerts and the album.

Ah I could talk about GNR all night if I had to, too ... much ... drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

confetti wrote:
    i dont think any harm has been done to the gnr legacy

Guns N' Roses are now a band that has done sweet **** all for a decade. gave empty promises of a new album all the time and still nothing (that bull**** about wanting a perfect album is exactly what i said bull****). no shows at appearances. cancelling shows at the last minute

and you think the Guns legacy hasnt been affected :confused:

i loved the albums though, even The Spaghetti Incident :D but Chinese Democracy will have to be something out of this world at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Guns and Roses are dead.

Once Izzy left that was that,
    they got a replacement in and finished out the tours but man that was that.
    Really Axel should leave the name be and show some respect for the dead.
    There aint no going back. The music was of a time and a generation.
    Really feels odd that there are kids out there 18 legal to drink an all born
    the year Appetite was released and have never heard it, that is still freaky.

1 album from Velvet revolver so far, not bad but we will see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Funk Daddy

Appetite for Destruction is one of the best albums of all time. Every song a classic. The Illussions had a bout 3 or 4 good songs on each, but GNR will always be legends in my eyes - the original GNR w/ Adler - not the 20 piece with the 15 hangers-on. And Sorum is a terrible repetitive drummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Appetite For Destruction has to be one of the most perfect Rock albums of all time. Everything about that album is pretty much perfect from the songs to the vocals and especially Slash's guitar playing which is a pleasure to listen to. However what the Use Your Illusions are generally not very good in comaparison to Appetite. No matter how good November Rain is, it's sucky compared to the dirty raw brilliance of Appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

confetti wrote:
    axl is a seriously talented person so just wait and see what happens when the album is released, hopefully it will be soon, i believe it is mostly legal issues that stop it, duff and slash are suing, other things also,
    but what do i know?? no one knows the real truth we'll just have to wait and see,

Axel and his new Guns played a few songs from the "new" album at the Rock in Rio festival a couple of years, all piano ballads but still sounded pretty good. I have them somewhere.

Their still not a patch on Aerosmith thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I have studied and am trained in classical music and have studied the great composers in music history(Beethoven,Mozart,Chopin,etc..) therefore I can appreciate the exceptional musical talent and deep emotion these two individuals put into their music, especially Mr. Rose.

Oh dear jebus, I wont waste the finger exercise

On the flame above, I think I share a similar opinion as most, Appetite was awesome, Use you illusions had some great stuff, 'estranged', 'you could be mine' etc... , but wasn't the same class, perhaps if they made one album of it.

I remember the thread a while back over Alx's voice, I thought it funny that lots of people thought GnR were some type of Bon Jovi fad, that they would be forgotten by fans, at least that thread put it straight, that GnR have a lasting place for many people in Rock History.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Red05

Guns N Roses is one of those bands whose songs simply cannot be remade. Their style cannot be reproduce. They(Guns n Roses)on the other hand can make virtually any song better. The Spaghetti Incident is evidence of this statement. I agree with one of the people here that said Axl Rose and Slash are one of the best duos of all time. I believe Mr Rose's raw musical talent has been overlooked because of shallow people's petty interest in his personal life and his troubled ways. Slash is simply the most soulful musician I have ever heard with maybe the exception of Ludwig Van Beethoven. I have studied and am trained in classical music and have studied the great composers in music history(Beethoven,Mozart,Chopin,etc..) therefore I can appreciate the exceptional musical talent and deep emotion these two individuals put into their music, especially Mr. Rose.

I'd agree with that. (Dont listen to classical music though but point taken).

Guns N Roses have done many covers, and IMO have made the song better on many occasions. Knockin On Heavens Door, Live & Let Die, Dead Flowers etc. as well as the stuff on Spagetti Incident - which I think is a good album/

But their own stuff is amazing. App for Destruction is one of the best albums ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Guns N' Roses are now a band that has done sweet **** all for a decade. gave empty promises of a new album all the time and still nothing (that bull**** about wanting a perfect album is exactly what i said bull****). no shows at appearances. cancelling shows at the last minute

and you think the Guns legacy hasnt been affected :confused:

i loved the albums though, even The Spaghetti Incident :D but Chinese Democracy will have to be something out of this world at this stage

you cant start counting until they release the album, the old band is dead, the new hasnt started until they actually release something so counting and complaining does nothing, just forget about it until it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cptn_underpants

It sucks they haven't released any original material in well over a decade (except Oh My God from the end of days soundtrack which wasn't great IMHO) but the brand new stuff they've played live is class. Madagascar and the Blues are amazing, Chinese Democracy is very good, but Silkworms and Rhiad and the Bedouins are kinda crap. Plus the demo of I.R.S. that leaked on the internet this April sounds very promising, even if the sound quality is bad. The Blues might be my fave Guns song, that or Breakdown. Roll on Chinese Democracy!
    Has anyone else any opinions on the new songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think the new songs are fairly decent alright. Theres a site on the Internet where you can get them for free actually, soundboard quality, its at the following address

http://www.gnrsucks.com/download.php?list.7

Guns n'roses manager, Merck Mercuriadis, has stated previously that 2005 will be the year for Guns n'roses, which indicates that Chinese Democracy is being lined up for a fourth quarter release. The official website also mentions November, Amazon has stated recently that it recieved official word that the release date would be November 29th

Plus, some amusing news on this site....Revisiting Guns N Roses?

http://www.freewebs.com/glam-metal/latestnews.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cptn_underpants

I think that the album will come out this year or early next year, I'm very much looking forward to it whenever it's released.

That Revisited thing is kinda cool just to hear the songs gettin played, but Steven Adler and Tracii Guns are so desperate to be part of Guns N' Roses it's sad. Ever seen the Adler's Appetite logo? What a loser, you were a great drummer but you blew it, you're not in the band anymore, get over it!

That Pratama lad's so gonna get sued for using the Guns N' Roses name!

Advertisement