Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Video Converter?

• 29-07-2005 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'm using a Nokia 6630. Anyone who has one knows, when you convert any mpeg, mov files etc. with Nokia PC Suite, the quality is crap. I've already downloaded ImTOO and XiliSoft converts (their both the same) .
    The trial version of ImTOO allows you to convert any file upto 5 minutes in length but when I copied it over it wouldn't play on the phone.
    The XiliSoft convert worked with perfect quality but only allows you to convert up to 2 minutes.

Does anyone know where I can download a 3g video converter that allows for original clip quality and no time limit??

The XiliSoft converter can be downloaded here for those looking for a start:
    http://www.xilisoft.com/downloads/x-3gp-video-converter.exe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Mpegable X4 Live or Nero Recode will do the trick.

Mpegable X4 Live isn't available any more but I'm sure you be be able to find an old version of it somewhere. It can convert to both 3gp and mp4. Nero only does mp4 AFAIK.

To be honest I've found it hard to get good quality video to display well on my Nokia 6680. I have a Sony Ericsson K750i, which I use primarily and the video quality is far superior on it than anything I can get on the Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i get great quality out of either QuickTime Pro (although you need to be aware of the input you are using and whether it will drop the Audio during conversion) or using iMovie (manual exporting via QT to 3GP - this route doesn't require QT Pro)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone reccomend any good *free 3gp or mp4 encoders?
    Tried using the psp encoding software but it never plays for me on my k750 for some reason.

Mpegable X4 Live will do it for you. The trial version is free and it's unlimited, but AFAIK it's not available anymore. You might be able to find a copy of it floating around somewhere.

Nero Recode does a really good job encoding mp4's. It's what I use, and there is a very good guide for converting videos for you K750i here. Apparently Quicktime Pro also does a good job, but I've never used it myself. You'll have to pay for Nero and Quicktime Pro though...

Ok, tried Nero to convert video, will play fine on my PC but will only play audio on my k750i. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Did you follow the guide I posted? It works perfectly for me using Nero Recode and following the guide exactly. I don't know why you don't get any sound, it could be that the audio bitrate is too high. If it's too high you'll hear nothing when played on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what encoding rates are you using?
    whats the video player on the k700i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

http://www.nextreaming.com/product/xenon2pro_std.asp
    can be used to re-encode
    the pro version is used by several of the teleco's for their streaming services

Did you follow the guide I posted? It works perfectly for me using Nero Recode and following the guide exactly. I don't know why you don't get any sound, it could be that the audio bitrate is too high. If it's too high you'll hear nothing when played on the phone.
    No, I get sound but only video.
    I'll give the guide another go when I get home.

Tis fixed now.
    Danke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i use the nokia multimedia converter 2.0. does me grand

Advertisement