Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer on tour...

Options
  • 29-07-2005 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I just discovered a great little mini-game to relieve the boredom online. Several times lately I've happened on servers where there just isn't any sense of teamwork, but when you get a good ping on a server and the chance to play, you have to take it. Better than just cruising the in-game browser at any rate.

So - there I am on several maps in a row looking for some fun when I stumble upon a great little mini-game for engineers who can fly transport choppers :D

Basically it goes like this... kit out as engie and take a transport chopper (no passangers required). Fly the chopper around low level to enemy bases where no troops are evident.

Land, and place mines under all the heavy vehicles (tanks, apcs, AA etc.). Then if you fancy it, cap the flag, but if not - just leave in the chopper and move on to the next spot ;)

You need to fly low to avoid the nasties in the jets; You need to rearm by hovering near some supplies or by landing somewhere secluded and asking the nice commander to drop you some crates.

The effect is marvelous... as you are flying from one base to the next you get all these 'killed by' messages flooding in as the nme get forced back to a base which you have already mined ;)

It's a fun way of passing the time for an engie who can't do much else with a poxy shotgun unless you get up close and personal!

The trick is to pick the bases with care. You are looking for a base with no real activity at it (because you are defenceless in the chopper) which you can sneak in to and out of with ease.

Try it - I think you will enjoy the diversion for a few maps while you wait for a teamwork squad to be formed :rolleyes:

Then when you get really bored, fly directly into an oncoming jet and bail out at the last second :D The Jet always looses!!

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

c0y0te wrote:
    I just discovered a great little mini-game to relieve the boredom online. Several times lately I've happened on servers where there just isn't any sense of teamwork, but when you get a good ping on a server and the chance to play, you have to take it. Better than just cruising the in-game browser at any rate.

So - there I am on several maps in a row looking for some fun when I stumble upon a great little mini-game for engineers who can fly transport choppers :D

Basically it goes like this... kit out as engie and take a transport chopper (no passangers required). Fly the chopper around low level to enemy bases where no troops are evident.

Land, and place mines under all the heavy vehicles (tanks, apcs, AA etc.). Then if you fancy it, cap the flag, but if not - just leave in the chopper and move on to the next spot ;)

You need to fly low to avoid the nasties in the jets; You need to rearm by hovering near some supplies or by landing somewhere secluded and asking the nice commander to drop you some crates.

The effect is marvelous... as you are flying from one base to the next you get all these 'killed by' messages flooding in as the nme get forced back to a base which you have already mined ;)

It's a fun way of passing the time for an engie who can't do much else with a poxy shotgun unless you get up close and personal!

The trick is to pick the bases with care. You are looking for a base with no real activity at it (because you are defenceless in the chopper) which you can sneak in to and out of with ease.

Try it - I think you will enjoy the diversion for a few maps while you wait for a teamwork squad to be formed :rolleyes:

Then when you get really bored, fly directly into an oncoming jet and bail out at the last second :D The Jet always looses!!

c0y0te

And if your team get the base?

Instant kicking, especially when all the 12 year old idiots punish you when they ignore the big skull and crossbones.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

I find the best maps, that i have used are the official one's

type in Ea Europe in the server name, and there you go

but also the Sir/Nbb clan one, my mate is in it very nice 64 player ranked server...

i'll put the i.p up later..

but on the subject of teamwork, it's not there in a lot of servers, so i tend to go on with a few mates so we can work together and go forth to obtain the missions,
    because if it was up to most people you see, we'd be all fecked...

medic is one of the most fun, but the gun is truly not fun to use, Suppourt is fun but not too accurate, but the g3 for the assault is very nice

Advertisement