Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Free Connection?

• 29-07-2005 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for some opinions on this, I have the dreaded IBB bug, and would like to vote with my feet and move off.

I see that Eircom have a free connection thing going at the moment. As I've no line at all, I need them to install one but I was thinking of BT Plus for the broadband package and phone all-in-one deal.

Will Eircom install a line for free if I move immediately to BT?
    Thanks
    Howard

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

<sigh>

1. yes
    2. then you go to BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

My understanding, based entirely on Eircom's somewhat confusing web site, is that free installations are bundled with Eircom Time. With other packages it costs money. If you find out differently, let us know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

no its a standalone too unless eircom lied to comreg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

Hey sponge bob (cheers for passing on the free connection info), I rang eircom and to qualify for a free installtion for a phone line, your house needs to have been without a phoneline for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

heh, i did the exact same thing in my new apartment. Got Eircom to connect the line and I rang them then, asking to get it tested for broadband. It passed fine and as soon as it passed the rep asked me "if i would like to get broadband now", I just said no thanks and hung up... :) Getting it from Digiweb now..

• Advertisement
Advertisement