Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEAR fm start Podcasting

• 29-07-2005 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.nearfm.ie/podcast/

It's early days yet, so let me know what you think.

I'm currently trying to free up a budget to get some more webspace so that the older audio content can be kept up online.

We're just putting the Encore programme up at the moment, which is a sort of 'Best of the Weeks Programming' type thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

smiaras wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Actually I just checked this and it is available on iTunes now.

Submitting a podcast seems to take a bit of time though... that took over 2 weeks for them to put it up.

Hopefully I'll be able to knock that LiveIreland thing out of there... it's pretty horrible. Actually I should probably play up the Oirishness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

monkeyfudge - give me a shout after the weekend or drop me a PM if you need more webspace etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭BHG

is the near fm podcast getting updated? its due for a mention in tomorrows Indo .
    Regards Brian Greene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I'll ask around - I'll be in there today Brian.

• Advertisement

Hello Brian.

Yeah.. Gordon mentioned that he'd spoken with you when I was talking to him on Friday

It'll be interesting to see how the article comes out. Hopefully it will raise the profile of Irish podcasting. Did anyone read the article on podcasting in the Times last Friday? I missed it myself.

As for the NEAR fm Podcast, it was updated just yesterday. I'm running a podcasting training workshop this weekend, so hopefully I'll have more of the NEAR fm volunteers doing Podcasts after that.

The article on this is in the Independent today.

You can read a copy of it at Silicon Republic's website:

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single5272

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

The first media organisation to podcast in Ireland is NearFM
    weird....Buisness and Finance, ENN and the Irish Times have liveIreland as the first media organsiation to podcast????? :eek:

dathi1 wrote:
    weird....Buisness and Finance, ENN and the Irish Times have liveIreland as the first media organsiation to podcast????? :eek:
    Well I didn't actually make that claim myself... that honor lies with smiaras.

But as smiaras points out in his blog they are not listed in the Media Contacts Directory. And nowhere on their site as far as I can see does it mention them as being associated with Buisness and Finance, ENN and the Irish Times.

But I do think it's impressive how they've carved such a strong audience for themselves in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

the Media Contacts Directory
    But in the 21st century an old fashioned contacts directory is no qualification for being an accredited media organisation. I mean Google is one of the biggest media companies (as most media pundits call them now) in the world and Google Ireland (An Irish registered company) would be leagues ahead of any organsiation listed in "the directory". Does this mean that "Google Talk" launched today is irrelevant in Ireland cos they're not listed? na...surley not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement