Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor GPRS ISP - POP/IMAP E-Mail etc...

• 29-07-2005 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm a prepay customer and can't figure out how to get Meteor's GPRS ISP working on my K700i. All I want to do is download my email from an IMAP server using the phone's onboard client.

Anyone got any ideas if it actually works ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I've used WAP over GPRS on a Meteor phone successfully, so plain ol' GPRS should work too. There's a sticky in this forum with the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

do meteor offer this as a service now?
    i know that they didn't have an ISP service earlier this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

WAP 2 and MMS work perfectly, it's just e-mail doesn't work at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, you may have to call 1905 and ask / confirm you are set up for GPRS Internet Access using the isp.mymeteor.ie access point.

Create a new GPRS connection, and make sure to reference it when configuring the 'connect using' part of the the email account.
    Access Point Name (APN): isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: isp
    IP and DNS are supplied on connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Anyone have any problems collecting their email via meteor? MMS send fine but regardless of program, my connection times out and regardless of mail account and i am sure my settings are bang on.

Dont and i mean dont say: "just join o2" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

call meteor and tell them you need access to isp.meteor.ie

your account is probabbly just mms.meteor.ie atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Thanks. Sounds like the solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saabron

Hi , can see this is an old thread but can anyone confirm I still need to contact Meteor to get my isp gprs account switched on , I rang customer services yesterday , got the ususal runaround about unsupported phones , he knew nothing , or let on he knew nothing about switching on my isp access . Using an I mate jam . Thanks |T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Did you ever get it working on the K750 Dave? I just got one yesterday and wouldnt mind getting it set up for aft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

Did anyone get this working yet? I have a W810i and can't get it to work. I called Meteor yesterday and they switched on my Internet Access APN (as suggested in this site http://computer.donutsoft.net/sms/pmwiki.php?n=Networks.Meteor) but everytime I go to a web page it times out (I am getting charged 1c everytime I try to access a site according to my calls on mymeteor.ie).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Nope I kinda gave up on it. The first meteor rep I talked to said no probs Ill set it up and send you the settings, they never arrived so I rang back, second rep said exactly the same thing. Again no settings. Left it a few days and rang back, talked to three different reps, all of which said they had no idea what I was talking about and the only settings they could send me were MMS or WAP.

I put the settings in manually from the sticky on this forum, but like you said it just keeps timing out. If you have any luck getting it setup post back and let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

MiCr0 wrote:
    do meteor offer this as a service now?
    i know that they didn't have an ISP service earlier this year

I've been using Meteor's ISP service as far back as Janauary.

I've been using Meteor's ISP service as far back as Janauary.
    What phone are you using it on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

2 of the 3 customer service reps i dealt with had never heard of the isp service, the third told me i cant use it direct from my phone and id have to use a laptop which i dont believe for a moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

I've been using it with a K750i for over a year.
    I called to get activated and had the settings texted down from Meteor's website.
    Meteor ISP is the one I use. APN is isp.mymeteor.ie username 'my' password 'meteor' and 'Login Request' turned off.

The K750i is a little confusing maybe.
    After setting up the above under "Data Comm -> Data Accounts",
    you then need to go to "Internet Settings -> Internet Profiles" to select
    the "Meteor ISP" as the default to use.

Hope that clears things up - it works well.

NiallB

Tree wrote:
    2 of the 3 customer service reps i dealt with had never heard of the isp service, the third told me i cant use it direct from my phone and id have to use a laptop which i dont believe for a moment

I think that could be true. I got them to enable intenet access APN on my account but I can't browse any web sites on my Sony Ericsson W810i. However if I connect the phone to my PC and use it as a modem I can browse the net no problem. My "View Calls" on mymeteor.ie show "Internet Access" as the description.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ive eventually got settings that work and i can use it straight from my phone, though for some reason they were charging me for time spent as opposed to size of downloads. they're supposed to be fixing it for me thouhg

Tree wrote:
    ive eventually got settings that work and i can use it straight from my phone, though for some reason they were charging me for time spent as opposed to size of downloads. they're supposed to be fixing it for me thouhg
    What phone are you using? What are your settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

Tree wrote:

That's amusing. They'll say anything to get you off the phone!

I saw this problem last year when I first started using GPRS.
    It turns out that their billing software describes it as "minutes"
    so it doesn't have to be rewritten, but that what it is counting
    is actually data transfer. Compare the time recorded in the call
    with the amount of data transferred on your phone's meter.

Let me know if they "fix it" for you :-)

Maybe things have changed, but I doubt it.
    NiallB

• Advertisement
Advertisement