Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout 4

Options
  • 29-07-2005 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Been playing the demo, and its good, a fair bit faster than B3(around 20% faster).

The track i played is a backstree city type one, with many different routes, and forks, and other drivers can hit you from a number of angles.

Its good, the graphics have been tweaked, and if anything its too fast, its not as easy to crash at high speeds, more lower speed crashes, but you can bull dog some vechile at high speed.

If you get taken out, you can blow the car up, like in B3 crash's, but this is in race, the aftertouch now actually works, and is a good bit of the fun.

Will be another best seller

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The original is still the best, I reckon they screwed it up when they made it harder to crash.
    Now you can hit something at full speed from behind and it slows you down straight away almost causing whiplash (:P) but no crash, wtf is that about? In the first one if you had the slightest clip then you crashed, was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Burnout 2 was my favorite tbh. Fast, but not too fast and they toned down the crashes a little, by that I mean that slight nudges didn't result in you watching a replay from 6 different angles of the "crash". EA improved some things but gutted the soul of the game with Tiger Woods posters etc all over the game and flashy "explosions". IMO EA ruined what would have been a brilliant series. Its still good, don't get me wrong, but it reaks of the same flashy pomp that is evident in the likes of FIFA etc where the content is second to the Visuals.

Rant over.

sprinkles wrote:
    Burnout 2 was my favorite tbh. Fast, but not too fast and they toned down the crashes a little, by that I mean that slight nudges didn't result in you watching a replay from 6 different angles of the "crash". EA improved some things but gutted the soul of the game with Tiger Woods posters etc all over the game and flashy "explosions". IMO EA ruined what would have been a brilliant series. Its still good, don't get me wrong, but it reaks of the same flashy pomp that is evident in the likes of FIFA etc where the content is second to the Visuals.

Rant over.

The slight nudges were what made the game exciting, toning down the crashes was equivalent to dumbing the game down IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

You can't honestly have liked the 10 times a race replays for the slight nudges. "Rubbings Racing" and I don't want a replay every 5 seconds.

sprinkles wrote:
    You can't honestly have liked the 10 times a race replays for the slight nudges. "Rubbings Racing" and I don't want a replay every 5 seconds.

I feel that the softening of the crashes took away from the realism and effectively ruined the game for me, I wasn't mad about the replays but I was mad about the gameplay, depends on what you want from a game I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,346 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

where did you get the demo bazH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Bestbuy have been giving away free demo disks, and my cousin 'sent' it it me

bazH wrote:
    Bestbuy have been giving away free demo disks, and my cousin 'sent' it it me
    is that ps2 version

is that ps2 version
    No, i doubt i could handle the horrible redraw and slowness, its the xbox version

ohh right

you wouldnt have a spare demo around would you?

ill swap ya stuff

pm me if your interested

• Advertisement

you might need to read between the lines, a few posts up

'american' 'cousin' you dig ;)

bazH wrote:
    you might need to read between the lines, a few posts up

'american' 'cousin' you dig ;)
    i dig too my xbox is chipped and with a nice hd ;)

im still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

He means he downloaeded it. But IIRC Headshot is on a 56k, so he will have to get it from someone.

;)

Ciaran500 wrote:
    He means he downloaeded it. But IIRC Headshot is on a 56k, so he will have to get it from someone.

;)
    lol

you know me so well

ill get off someone dont worry

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Is there any chance you're talking about Burnout 3 Takedown?

And get back on topic.

Burnout 4: Revenge

Out early September

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ugh, I can see this turning into another souless, yearly rendition of a perfectly good series to begin with.

I guess with Burnout 3: Takedown selling so well another game was inevitable, but this early?

While the third game did add some cool gameplay features, losing the staple arcade-game feel and the added inclusion of EA's constant product placement was disappointing.

RIP Acclaim.

This is very very arcadey, well the one course i played, mainly due to the extra speed you have to think a bit faster, its not a case of swerving past traffic, but taking different routes, ramps, and more obstacles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

While the third game did add some cool gameplay features, losing the staple arcade-game feel and the added inclusion of EA's constant product placement was disappointing.

RIP Acclaim.
    Lets not forget all about the annoying DJ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

bazH wrote:
    No, i doubt i could handle the horrible redraw and slowness, its the xbox version

what a load of rubbish the ps2 version had no redraw problems that i could see

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

bazH wrote:
    Burnout 4: Revenge

Out early September

Oh, yes that's the one I was thinking of, I just getting the title confused. Was thinking along the lines of ‘Burnout 3: Revenge’ (honestly).... or Burnout 200… and whatever.

I should remember it a bit more; it was part of a repeating video on a giant 360 degrees screen inside the EA stand at E3 – the cars came from behind – and after a crash or two in slow motion – speeded off into the front screen… I want one of those with the game!

Advertisement