Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Microsoft "Genuine Advantage" cracked in 24h

• 29-07-2005 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday, July 28, 2005
    Microsoft "Genuine Advantage" cracked in 24h:
    window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all'

AV sez, "This week, Microsoft started requiring users to verifiy their serial number before using Windows Update. This effort to force users to either buy XP or tell them where you got the illegal copy is called 'Genuine Advantage.' It was cracked within 24 hours."

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

***BLANKED OUT***

It turns off the trigger for the key check.

I blanked out the bit that you're meant to put in, due to the no hacks/cracks rule.

I'm putting this here, as I find it funny that M$ failed yet again. Luckily, I use Win2K (legally), but I wonder what other tricks M$ has up its sleeve? This is also meant to work in Vista, its new OS.

Comments

Advertisement