Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret Hart to return?

• 29-07-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe we will see it at long last:

Partial Credit: PWTorch.com

As was first broken by this reporter, Bret Hart and WWE are once again negotiating a possible return deal for the former WWE superstar. The parties have spoken quite a bit this year, but nothing has really come of such discussions.

One source close to the situation is of the impression that WWE has essentially bent over backwards for Hart, yet "The Hitman" is still not satisfied with the terms. The source wondered what more WWE could do in courting the wrestler.

With "Screwed: The Bret Hart Story" coming out this fall, WWE wants Bret Hart back on TV to promote the DVD. There is no word on the likelihood of that happening, but as of right now, the parties are at an impasse.

http://nodq.com/news/124594351.shtml

Hopefully Bret will come back. What a moment that would be!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If he does return, it would have to be Wrestlemania really wouldnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    If he does return, it would have to be Wrestlemania really wouldnt it?

I dunno. If it happened in Canada, maybe Calgary or Montreal, the place would go nuts. I wonder how some American fans would react to his return. I would hope they would be pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I wonder why all these former WWE stars are coming back :confused:
    Also Bert cant wrestle, can he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

It would be great to see Bret Hart to make an appearance on WWE TV, as we all know there is a lot of history with Bret and the WWE, but it would be nice to see that everything is now water under the bridge as they say.

I can't wait for the DVD to come out (I wonder how they will show the 1997 screw job and who will they blame for that?).

Also Bret has a book to come out, and he needs a lot of photo's for his book, so I think Bret had to agree to do things for the WWE so that he could use photo's from his WWF days. 100% Bret is a Hall Of fame guy set for Mania 22, it's about time they acknowledge Bret as one of the greats........

Thanks for the memories Bret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Stalfos wrote:
    Also Bert cant wrestle, can he?

well that's a rather pointless statement.

what age is he, surely he's close to fifty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

If they want HBK over as a heel they should bring Bret in at a Canada show.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. HBK over as a heel and promote the DVD.

well that's a rather pointless statement.

what age is he, surely he's close to fifty.

And hogan and flair are how old again?

What i meant was i thought Golberg injured him and put him out for good.

Also i wonder why WWE are letting guys like Hogan and Bret promote their crap and get payed for it as well. I know WWE will also make a profit but still seems kinda pointless unless WWE are really that broke at the moment.

i really like BH well only since he got screwed over by the WWF.

Also my point was when quoting you was, that almost all of the WWE personalites can't wrestle. it's entertainment. not the olympics.

That was your point :confused: , eh...fair enough :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'd like to see bret back for a month or 2 but there is some incredible talent in the wwe at the minute and shouldn't be over-looked just because bret hart or the warror or whoever returns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

It will be cool to hear "The Best There Is! The Best There Was! The Best There Ever Will Be!"

Bret and Shaun had some of the coolest battles in WWF. I couls well imagine that he can hold himself in the now! Animal looked brill last week!!

Also Shauns not to shabby at it. Although he does look like he's holding himself back sometimes. He can still talk the talk and thats what it's all about in WWE :D

And Oh Ya!! The Hitman might bring back his perfectly performed Sharp-shooter. No-one has done it quite as good as him since! The Rocks one was crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah bret had the sharpshooter down...loved owens one too RIP

i edited my above post.

i hope he comes back and does a few of the newbies oldschool style.

Bret Hart won't be wrestling when he returns. Aside from his age, he suffered a stroke in an accident on his motorbike a few years ago, this was on the back of a career ending concussion delivered by Goldberg at, I believe, Starrcade.

It's a miracle he's in the condition he's in now but wrestling is definitely out of the equation. We might see him lock a sharpshooter on somebody maybe but the idea of him taking part in a match and taking bumps is definitey out of the question.

I'd imagine he'd have some sort of commissioner type role if he came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

Bret Hart won't be wrestling when he returns. Aside from his age, he suffered a stroke in an accident on his motorbike a few years ago, this was on the back of a career ending concussion delivered by Goldberg at, I believe, Starrcade.

It's a miracle he's in the condition he's in now but wrestling is definitely out of the equation. We might see him lock a sharpshooter on somebody maybe but the idea of him taking part in a match and taking bumps is definitey out of the question.

I'd imagine he'd have some sort of commissioner type role if he came back.
    jees! thats a pitty!!

but did'int they say that hbk was never gonna be able to get in the ring either??

pma-ire wrote:
    jees! thats a pitty!!

but did'int they say that hbk was never gonna be able to get in the ring either??

HBK had back troubles, that's alot different than having a stroke. Bret's progress from his stroke has been amazing already and it's highly unlikely he would go against medical opinion and get in the ring. He would literally be risking his life. He's nearly 50 years of age and is not as strong as he once was. He also has gotten married recently and has a young family. Why jeopardise that by wrestling? Just to see him in a WWE ring would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

Bret Hart didn't crash on a motorbike, he was cycling his mountain bike when he crashed! and then suffered a stroke.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

not a hope of him wrestling ever again for sure
    id love to see him but after the way hes been treated id tell vince to **** off, did anyone see the shoot he did when he was on about meeting vince in the park and he was surrounded by guards in case he tried anything??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

what ever happened to the british bulldog?

dude that's a bad joke. the poor guy died from a drug/drink overdose due to depression.

• Advertisement

The following statement was just posted on WWE.com:

"Bret "Hitman" Hart is scheduled to arrive at WWE Headquarters at 4:00pm ET today to meet with WWE officials."

As reported on last week, Bret Hart has been in negotiations with WWE about a possible return for a while now. Many reports stated WWE was interested in inducting Hart into the Hall of Fame before WrestleMania 22 next year, although that has yet to be confirmed.

http://nodq.com/news/125081760.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From http://www.top-rope.com :

For those wondering, Bret Hart is in Stamford, CT today to meet with WWE officials about his upcoming DVD. There is no talk of bringing him in for SummerSlam although they do want him in the Hall of Fame next year.

Bret Hart nearly missed his meeting today with WWE officials. His plane was scheduled to leave Toronto last night but was postponed due to a plane crash at the airport earlier in the day. He has made it to Connecticut today and they are working hard on the DVD this week.

Advertisement