Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

• 29-07-2005 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

I've changed from dial up to Broadband but I need to change the TCP IP settings on my computer for the B/B to work.
    From 172 (for dial up) to 169 for Broadband.
    Can anybody tell me in English how to do this so please or point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well we need more details.

Who have you got BB from? What type of BB is it? Are you using USB or ethernet? What OS are you using?

With BB you usually don't use a telephone number or dial-up connection, instead you need to setup networking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

NTL B/B and using Windows 98.
    I haven't got anything working as I have to set the IP address correctly or it won't work, keeps coming up "No Server".
    But it still works on dial up if I connect it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The NTL engineer who installed the BB is supposed to set it up for you, didn't they?

You can find details on how to setup the network here:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/basicset.html

I'm not sure about windows 98, it has been a while since I used it, sorry.

You should ring NTL support, they will help you to get it setup.

Advertisement