Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI "Back in the Day"

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

A bunch of my friends are doing the SAT, due to my wonderful stories/constant nagging (for lack of a slightly more masculine word...).
    My school's guidance counsellor told me about it once in 1st year. Having done mini-CTYI for about 3-4 years, I quite possibly knew more about it than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Badgering?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Not so much Masculine as.......sensual.

Yes I said sensual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Raphael wrote:
    Badgering?

Badger baiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*Insert obvious Tommy Tiernan quote*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Theres Going To Be Changes Around Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

My god... discos anywhere but the hub just sound so wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

True, they're always trying ta put them in the canteen........ never works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Shiney wrote:
    they keep it quiet in my school. they only give leaflets to about 2 or 3
    hah, my school doesnt even recognise it.
    in first year we had it took several (4 or 5) IQ/reasoning tests before my guidance counsellor would (reluctantly) admit that i was intellegent,asked if i was bored in any classes and then went back to his office. he never offered CTY to me even though ive seen the literature in his office.they dont like me in that school im convinceed of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

My god... discos anywhere but the hub just sound so wrong.

They were better discos, but they were much worse to clean. In '03, my RA group (i.e. the three of us from the group who didn't make it out the door in time) had to clean it up. This involved running around the floor, dragging a carpet to catch everything on the ground. Ronan M was a very creative person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement