Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have NTL on Dunmore Rd, Waterford?

• 29-07-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Last Friday NTL came out to install cable and BB. Couldn't do BB b/c the signal wasn't strong enuf. Said some upgrades would have to be done and they would be back on Monday or Tuesday.

Its Friday and there's no sign of them so I rang and was connected to Support and they said it was in the hands of an Area Manager. Then I came home the technicians were here ready to install BB. They tried and said the signal was still bad. I explained that I was told the AM would have to deal with it. They agreed.

Does anyone have NTL BB on the Dunmore Rd (Waterford)? Is this a sign that things won't be good with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fireplace

A friend of mine got cable bb from ntl living in the Kings Channel area of the Dunmore Road during the week, and is delighted with it.
    The Dunmore Road is a big road, where exactly are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

OK, anyone have NTL BB in Grantstown Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

fireplace wrote:
    A friend of mine got cable bb from ntl living in the Kings Channel area of the Dunmore Road during the week

I did not think it was available anywhere in the Dunmore Road area yet!!!

Everytime I ring NTL they say it is not yet available and I will get a flyer when it is!

Has anyone around Ardkeen got NTL broadband yet?

OK, just rec'd call from NTL. They are coming out again on Monday to install BB. Hoefully, third time lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

reni10 wrote:
    I did not think it was available anywhere in the Dunmore Road area yet!!!

Everytime I ring NTL they say it is not yet available and I will get a flyer when it is!

Has anyone around Ardkeen got NTL broadband yet?

I live in ardkeen village and they say it it wont be availible here for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hi,
    I'm at Hillside Grove on the Dunmore road and I got a call yesterday to tell me that the rollout has reached here already and i'll have a guy out to me on Fri 12th to install. Fingers crossed.

Just got NTL BB in Grantstown Park. Overheard the technician say that salespeople were promising free wireless modems. Joked that I was promised one but couldn't lie to him! Guess I'll have to buy a wireless router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

randox wrote:
    Just got NTL BB in Grantstown Park. Overheard the technician say that salespeople were promising free wireless modems. Joked that I was promised one but couldn't lie to him! Guess I'll have to buy a wireless router.

How are the speeds? Are you on 3 Meg? :confused:

Advertisement