Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bit of fun - €20 PP voucher for the winner

• 29-07-2005 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Paddy Power are doing betting on the Sun dream team scorers. Thought we might aswell predict who would be the top players for the month of August. There's some interesting bets too. I'll be putting a few bets on myself which is why I took a bit of time counting how many matches each team would be playing. Here is how the scoring works:
    Awarded seven or more in SunSport's player ratings: 3
    Star Man in SunSport's player ratings: 5
    Goal Scored: 5
    Scoring three or more goals per game: 5
    Clean Sheet (keeper/defender): 5
    Clean Sheet (midfielder): 2
    Conceded more than one goal (keeper/defender): -1 per goal
    Penalty save (keeper): 3
    Booking: -1
    Sent off: -3 in total

Something important is the amount of games each team will play in August.

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, West Ham and Wigan all play 3 matches in August. All the others play 4.

Players that only play 3 matches in August have a star beside them. It doesn't seem Paddy Power checked it up so you might be able to get one over them on this. :) Actually, it seems Paddy Power think Arsenal are playing bloody one match judging by the odds.

Top goalkeeper for August:
    Cech 3 - 1
    Van der Sar* 5 - 1
    Reina* 10 - 1
    Given 14 - 1
    P Robinson 16 - 1
    Lehmann* 18 - 1
    Friedel 20 - 1
    others...

Top defender for August:
    Terry 7 - 2
    R Ferdinand* 8 - 1
    del Horno 16 - 1
    Gallas 18 - 1
    Heinze* 18 - 1
    Ferreira 22 - 1
    Ashley Cole* 25 - 1
    G Neville* 25 - 1
    others...

Top midfielder for August:
    Lampard 4 - 1
    Gerrard* 10 - 1
    Scholes* 12 - 1
    Ronaldo* 14 - 1
    Robben 16 - 1
    Duff 18 - 1
    Pires* 25 - 1
    others...

Top striker for August:
    Rooney* 5 - 1
    van Nistelrooy* 6 - 1
    Henry* 10 - 1
    Drogba 12 - 1
    Crespo 14 - 1
    D Cisse* 16 - 1
    Defoe 18 - 1
    Morientes* 25 - 1
    others...

Top overall plaer for August:
    Terry 7 - 1
    Rooney* 7 - 1
    Lampard 9 - 1
    van Nistelrooy* 10 - 1
    Gerrard* 16 - 1
    Henry* 18 - 1
    Drogba 20 - 1
    others...

Just basically pick 2 players from each section. If your 1st choice player wins it you get x2 the odds. If your 2nd placed player wins it you get x1 the odds. If you don't put down the odds you'll get the SP.

I'd go also Chelsea tbh but obviously I can't win my own prize.

Top Keeper:
    1st Cech (3/1) - because he's with Chelsea.
    2nd James (25/1) - because City had an excellent defense last year and have a pretty easy start to this season.

Top Defender:
    1st Terry (7/2) - He scores and rarely concedes.
    2nd Queudrue (50/1) - Decent in front of goal and nice odds.

Top Midfielder:
    1st Duff (18/1) - Well I'm biased. Mourinho seems to be playing him freely in pre-season and he has grabbed 2 or 3 goals.
    2nd Robben (16/1) - I feel he'll be Chelsea's main goalscoring threat after the striker because Lampard has been defending in pre-season and won't be getting half as many shots on goal. Lampard has not got 1 goal or assist in pre-season because his game is changed. A bit like Duff's transformation last season.

Top Striker:
    Crespo (14/1) - This for me is better than season top scorer since his main rivals play 1 game less. He scored for Chelsea last night and that will be the first of many. :)
    Shearer (33/1) - Can't see anyone else on the list that play 4 games.

Top Overrall player:
    1st: Duff (40/1) - He will score and keep a few clean sheets and I'm biased.
    2nd: Crespo (22/1) - Explained already.

Fair play to you if you got down this far in the post. Let me know if I made a mistake in the amount of games teams play or something else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Top Keepr:
    1. Cech(3-1) - fairly obvious
    2. Lehmann(18-1) - nice odds. Arsenals games arent to tough. Except chelsea but they kept a clean sheet away last year. There defence at the end of last season was very solid.

Top defender:
    1. Terry(7-2) - again, very easy choice i think.

Top midfielder:
    1. Duff - i think he will get more games then robben at the start of the season.
    2. Cahill (50/1) - decent odds as is rather fond of finding the net.

Top Striker:
    1. Crespo - 2 of there first four matches are against wigan and WBA. Also play arsenal and spurs though.

Top Overall player:
    1. Crespo -(22/1)

i'll get back to you on the missing defender,striker and overall. Its late, i am tired, are blackburn playing 3 or 4 matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Top Keeper
    Reina* 10 - 1
    Lehmann* 18 - 1

Top Defender

Carragher 25 - 1
    Lauren 80 - 1

Top Midfielder

Gerrard 10 - 1
    Downing 80 - 1

Top striker

Defoe 18 - 1
    Phillips 100 - 1

Top Overall

Gerrard 10 - 1
    Defoe 18 - 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Typically some relative unknown comes in and bags a rake of goals at the start of the year. Im telling you now, money on Yakubu.

Advertisement