Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for an RnB set

• 29-07-2005 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, need some help.

Im Djing away for a few months now at functions and weddings. Its all commercial stuff and nothing that you wouldnt see in the charts. Thing is I love mixing away with my hed kandy cds and my ministry mash up mixes et al and think Im getting better with each gig, but due to being 30 something I missed the whole RnB thing going to clubs myself, and as a result havent a clue what to play beyond a bit of nelly and beyonce. Im looking for a set of about 30-40 mins or 12-15 songs of the best commercial dance RnB to play. Can anyone help? Please, nothing too obscure, ie, nothing you wouldnt hear in a regular club.
    I was in Bar Codes last sunday night and heard a guy called Andy Jackson DJ, thought we was pretty much on the ball with everything he played.
    Thanks.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

look up the top 40 uk.irish charts and go from there. Or search hmv website for various R&B cds. the magical "Now" editions will have some useful stuff in there aswell.

stcik a thread i nthe rap and r&b sections aswell.

http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=1000;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=1022

look for the r&b compilations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Clint

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you alyhough im a big hip hop fan i largely ignored r&b ,however out of nescessity ive had to buy 7 listen to it my reccomendation would be to buy any of the charty stuff & a few older complilations.try MTV's "the licK" compilation from a couple o years back - its not up to date but its got loads o classic R&B tunes there.also pay attention to what people are hasslin you to play - it'll usually stand to you -

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When you say "R & B" do you mean the slow mushy stuff or the more dance oriented Hip Hop side of things?

If you're talking about the more Hip Hop side of things well then from experience I'd suggest...

Mary J Blige – Family Affair
    De la Soul feat. Chaka Khan – All Good
    Amerie – 1 Thing
    50 Cent - If I Can’t
    Eve and Gwen Stefani – Let Me Blow Your Mind
    Ol’Dirty Bastard - Got Your Money (Feat. Kelis)
    Wu Tang Clan - Gravel Pit
    Blackstreet feat. Dr Dre - No Diggity

Then all the obvious Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Destinys Child and recent chart stuff thrown in.

Depends on the crowd really, but all the ones above tend to fill the dance floor.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

my top ten songs.you have to listen to all of them.a mixture of everything.post back what you think no.1 gladiator - dance remix :cool: no.2 2pac - hit em up :cool: no.3 dj tiesto - adagio for strings fdtd no.4 dj tiesto - lethal industry no.5 james blunt - goodbye my lover no.6 oasis - half the world away no.7 50 cent - disco inferno no.8 insomnia vs atb :cool: no.9 mauro picotto - komodo no.10 mauro picotto - its like this its like that no.11 blink 182 - i miss you no.13 eric clapton - more than words no.14 guns and roses - knocking on heavens door no.15 guns and roses - dont cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

post back what you think

What I think? Well I think you never read the original post.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

my top ten songs

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andy jackson

I was in Bar Codes last sunday night and heard a guy called Andy Jackson DJ, thought we was pretty much on the ball with everything he played.
    Thanks.....

thank you !:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

my top ten songs.you have to listen to all of them.a mixture of everything.post back what you think no.1 gladiator - dance remix :cool: no.2 2pac - hit em up :cool: no.3 dj tiesto - adagio for strings fdtd no.4 dj tiesto - lethal industry no.5 james blunt - goodbye my lover no.6 oasis - half the world away no.7 50 cent - disco inferno no.8 insomnia vs atb :cool: no.9 mauro picotto - komodo no.10 mauro picotto - its like this its like that no.11 blink 182 - i miss you no.13 eric clapton - more than words no.14 guns and roses - knocking on heavens door no.15 guns and roses - dont cry

UnravelingAids2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

found this on amazon...i do a bit of commercial djing and im not into pop or r&b at all!! but if i need to get a few tunes and get some populat tracks together i just search play.com or amazon.co.uk for compilations on what ever im looking for I.e pop, hip hop..then just look at the track listings on the cds. check this one out, prob has what your looking for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/R-Classics-Collection-Various-Artists/dp/B001CH8TAS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1252764332&sr=1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

BaZmO* wrote: »
    When you say "R & B" do you mean the slow mushy stuff or the more dance oriented Hip Hop side of things?

If you're talking about the more Hip Hop side of things well then from experience I'd suggest...

Mary J Blige – Family Affair
    De la Soul feat. Chaka Khan – All Good
    Amerie – 1 Thing
    50 Cent - If I Can’t
    Eve and Gwen Stefani – Let Me Blow Your Mind
    Ol’Dirty Bastard - Got Your Money (Feat. Kelis)
    Wu Tang Clan - Gravel Pit
    Blackstreet feat. Dr Dre - No Diggity

Then all the obvious Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Destinys Child and recent chart stuff thrown in.

Depends on the crowd really, but all the ones above tend to fill the dance floor.

B.

some great choices there Bazmo. Reminds me of when I used to play a lot of that stuff!
    I still regularly play Ol Dirty Bastard (RIP) Baby, got your money.
    some others:
    Missy Elliot - ger your freak on
    En vogue - whatta man
    TLc - No scrubs
    Lauryn Hill - Doo wop that thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

J-Kwon-Tipsy
    50 Cent-Candy Shop
    LL Cool J-Doin It
    Da Luniz- I got 5 on it

Advertisement