Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German O2 mobile work with Irish O2 sim

• 29-07-2005 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Does a German O2 mobile work with Irish O2 sim?
    Looking at getting a mobile and germany looks to be quite cheap there specially branded ones.
    Just wondering will it work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nope..

The phone is locked to only work with a specific GSM network ID (or whatever you call it). Every network has a different ID. This ID number is read from the networks sim card I think..

For example,

Vodafone Ireland is 27201
    Three IReland is 27205
    O2 Ireland is 27202

or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Irish o2 speakeasy upgrade pack phones work with British o2 SIMS.

I don't know about German units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Thats a pitty then. Better just get a unlocked unit instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Just because it is branded does not ALWAYS mean its locked, plus depending on the phone and the saving, you would be better to buy it there aand unlock it here

What phone are you looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

k750i there's about 30 in the difference on a particular site i was looking at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

pre-paid or contract? i got a k700i on contract with o2 germany last year and it was branded, but unlocked

Advertisement