Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPnP now can't access via web

• 29-07-2005 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Xyzel Prestige 650HW DSL box as supplied by east/bt

Using the web interface for this box I enabled UPnP for some software I'm trying out [easier to use if UPnP is enabled - dont' have to go setting up a lot of port forwarding]

Soon as I enable UPnP via the web interface it appears in the Windows system tray as a UPnP device. But now (that is - minutes later) it doesn't appear in 'My Network Places' though 3 other UPnP devices on my LAN do appear and behave as normal.

Since enabling UPnP I cannot access the device via my web browser. I can however telnet into it but the option to turn off UPnp isn't available via telnet.

Although I have this problem it's working just fine as a DHCP router and it's keeping me online. The problem will be when I want to try and change a setting.

Have googled to no avail.

Any suggestions what I should try next ? I basically want to be able to acces s this box again via my web browser.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

will answer my own post in case it's of help to anyone else

found out that this was a known bug in the firmware

updated firmware that was released in March 2005 via FTP and all is well.

Advertisement