Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lotto Win In Garryowen!!!!

• 30-07-2005 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Just got a call saying the euro millions lotto was won by someone in
    garryowen :eek: €109.000.000 and is the only winner :eek:

if its true well all i can say is wow and o my god :mad: :mad: :mad:

its on sky news that it was won in Ireland but no more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

People are saying now that it was baught in lucan in Dublins so
    fek it i hope not, people in limerick never win something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Read about it in The Sun... no details yet, just says biggest ever win!

They will be the 72nd richest person in Ireland!

Richer than Posh and Becks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SH11TE !!!! My heart stopped when I read Riceys first post. :)

Feckin dubs!

NO HOLD UP it may still be true!!

The hole feckin town is on about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Holy crap is this true :O :O

• Advertisement

could be, i hope so would be cool a flippin hundred million like wtf!

ITS TRUE!!!!
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0730/lotto.html

wow thats all i can say....so much for lucan ha ha ha ha ha!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

why is her name familiar :S

Ha ha ha i bet the hole town is saying the same thing.

the woman will have friends left right and center.

it was actually 114 million, but hay when you got 109 million does it matter.

• Advertisement

Maybe she will pump back into the city, or something!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

it was actually 114 million, but hay when you got 109 million does it matter.
    I thoguht it was 115.5 Million

Edit: Ok 113 million. i'm all confused

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

The ticket is in a bank till Tuesday for safe keeping.

Methinks her life is fecked. Too much money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

here's the rte news report (real player)

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2063734.smil

I know some of the people interviewed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

The Lopper wrote:
    The ticket is in a bank till Tuesday for safe keeping.

Same ere. she lives near my grandfather. Someone said shes had 2leave her house for a wile 2get away from the press but i dunno if thats true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

The Lopper wrote:

i doubt she'll be too upset tbh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Passed the house this evening and there was nobody there.

Wining that much money, I would probably leave the country, you would haveno comfort here as this country is too small to hide something like that. They reckon the interest alone on that amount is about €8k a day which means you could live like a king for the rest of your life without touching the original amount.

Best of luck to them anyway.

Yeah, how come they announced her name? They showed her house and car w/ the lincence plate clearly visible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah, how come they announced her name? They showed her house and car w/ the lincence plate clearly visible!

Because she obviously gave permission for her identity to be made public. RTE would not put her details on the news if she had not.

She is a stupid, stupid (but jammy!) woman. Her life is going to be made a misery now by jealous people and people trying to scab money off her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

That’s unbelievable. They broadcasted her name and showed her home... I'd be seriously pi$$ed if that happened to me. If I really wanted to right now, I could look up the numberplate, get the address, hire some goons, kidnap the kids and tell the women to give me a few million or the kids get it.... and weyhay, I'm off to the Caribbean lol

It turns out she gave her ticket to someone else to check the numbers…. and that person came back to tell her she had won! Wow, there's some really honest people around, I dunno what I would have done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I know the Irish Lottery give a bonus amount on top of your winnings if you go public as it promotes the sale of lottory tickets.

Surely this woman didn't need a bonus after winning that amount, I can only presume that it is part of the terms and conditions of the payout. Then again you are probably not thinking straight after the shock of winning that amount so euphoria kicks in.

I dont think she wanted her details found out! She wouldnt speak to the media, and when her kids where caught on camera they hid there faces. I mean who would give the media full permission to say who they are and then not co-operate with them!
    I doubt she told them where her house was, then to put it on the news, but that she wouldnt turn up!

It seems she has fled the country and headed to turkey, she was in a hotel metres away from an explosion! Friends have said that shes devastated!!!

How do they find out these things???

It seems she has fled the country and headed to turkey, she was in a hotel metres away from an explosion! Friends have said that shes devastated!!!

shes probably calling them from where ever she is. according to the news of the world today shw was an unemployed mum of six. to go from an unemployed mum of six living in a council estate to becoming one of the richest people in the brittish isles has to be a shock.

although she could have picked a safer country than turkey like.

they find out these things by being up with the news. that explosion happened two weeks ago

or maybe she bought a time machine with all her money

Yeah i thought the news of the new explosion would be on RTÉ or TV3???

PPL dont trust online news on live95fm.ie

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

shes probably calling them from where ever she is. according to the news of the world today shw was an unemployed mum of six. to go from an unemployed mum of six living in a council estate to becoming one of the richest people in the brittish isles has to be a shock.

although she could have picked a safer country than turkey like.
    She doesn't live in a council estate and she does have an apartment in Turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭charon

Saturday morning I was heading into town and passed my uncle who told me someone in Garryowen won the Euromillions...I live in Garryowen and had forgotten to check my ticket. I felt like crying when he said the person had been named :(

Haha.. thats lousey!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

this from indo
    THE elation over Eurolotto Dolores McNamara's €115m windfall subsided somewhat last night as the implications for her lifestyle began to dawn.

As the Limerick woman went into hiding to come to terms with her huge win, friends became concerned for her future safety.

They talked of the need for minders, kidnap insurance and a luxury lifestyle requiring constant security.

Even to collect her winnings Dolores will have to face a barrage of journalists, photographers and TV cameras from all over Europe, lying in wait at the offices of the National Lottery.

Under the rules, she must collect the cheque in person from the National Lottery headquarters.

Huge wins can bring huge problems for Lotto Winners. Last December EurMillions lottery winner Domingos Oliveira (30), a Portuguese textile worker, revealed how his family had been on the run for fear of kidnap after sharing in a €43m jackpot.

In Limerick yesterday friends of the McNamara family expressed concerns that the family could never return to their old neighbourhood .

"Is it a gift or a curse?" asked Patsy Collins, citing the grocer terrorised in his Monaghan home on Friday night by armed robbers who stole €60,000 from his safe.

"If they'll do that for €60,000, what will they do for €115m? She won't be safe anymore, she'll have to get minders," he said.

It'll ruin her life completely for a while but her children and grandchildren when they arrive will do alright out of it. Why do ppl not think ahead, checking your numbers in a pub forgodsake??

Mike.

have you seen the front of the star and the mirror today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

have you seen the front of the star and the mirror today?

enlighten us

Yeah, please go on!!!

Huge write up about her 'gangland' connections, her nephew is Anthony Noddy McCarthy who is locked up for the Kieran Keane murder

No way!!! If this money becomes fuel for Gangland warfare... the city is screwed!!!
    What does €113,000,000 of explosive get you? or ammuniation??? or bribery???

This could be one screwed up city, the budget for protection isnt even that high!

• Advertisement

so you think she's a criminal just because her nephew is?

<snip> libel

Excatly, family with that money in such close proximity!!! I dont like it, she could be in alot of danger. I believe that money could very easily get into the wrong hands.... if she isnt close to these going ons, i still believe some money will get into the wrong hands!

I know you shouldnt judge people by other people or where theyre from ect., but this is very dangerous!

ok keep the libelous remarks to your selves children. there will be slaps if i see another one ok?

:( , I sincerely apologise for my acquaintances and my own defamatory and libellous comments.

To quote fr. jack:

I'm soo, soo sorry!

Please dont slap me!!!

• Advertisement

also sorry for libellous comments.

looks like shes been in spanish point all weekend??
    i know were id be and its a hotter spain with hot
    spanish women o well i can dream!

no worries ricey, it is just we have to be extra careful about these things

as for where she is, i havent read the papers today, but the star said yesterday that she was in a hotel in dublin, wouldnt be surprised if she were trying to divert the newspapers attention.

It was a silly thing to do, flashing the lottery ticket in the pub like that, although in fairness, what were the odds of her actually winning. she probably expected at most to win around fifty euros.

Father Joe Seem`s to think she should give all the money away :eek:
    me thinks not but im sure father joe would be the 1st in line
    for a hand out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I know that family quite well. I don't think that the immediate family itself is involved in any of the gangland stuff, so anyone with concerns that it will be pumped into gangland crime can rest easy.

However they ain't the nicest people in the world and I know that many of their neighbours would have breathed a sigh of relief at the news, as soon they will not be neighbours anymore. They do not live on a council estate, they lived on St Patricks road. Which is a nice area, mostly private detached houses. <snip>

But they have some very nice extended family, her brothers and their children who I know/have known have been lovely and I'm sure that they too will reap some benefits.

It's a horrible amount of money to have, as much as people wish for riches I don't think most of us would really want it. I think I'd have to give €100m to charity and share the rest with my family and friends.

Advertisement