Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subscriber banning

Options
  • 30-07-2005 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Just a question, not sure if I'm posting in the right place even but

Can a paid subscriber get a site ban?

just wondering cos I would be a bit upset if subscribed for a year (lets say)
    and i got a site ban just after subscribing for something stupid.

Also, while I'm posting, multiple accounts, I think I read somewhere that they are not tolerated, I signed my missus up from this comp, is that ok?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i thought the same thing, why pay 50 euro, not a bit sum at all, but it would be the principle. only to get banned for a misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

someone in prison got a refund a while ago after he was banned.

although chances are if your "dedicated" enough to subscribe (for want of a better word) your gonna be clever enough to to **** around

maybe it's everyone else bar me that's ******* around?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

logic wrote:

Also, while I'm posting, multiple accounts, I think I read somewhere that they are not tolerated, I signed my missus up from this comp, is that ok?

Subs are liable to the same rules as everyone else, just like mods.
    I'm not sure what the policy is regarding refunds, but I can say that there is one way to ensure that you will never have that problem; don't break the rules. People don't get site bans for no reason, whatever about silly disagreements and "differences of opinions" in regard to individual forum bans, the Smods and Admins only envoke the 12-click when they must.

And I'd say they won't have a problem with you signing up your gf from the same computer, multiple accounts are only frowned upon because they tend to be created for spamming/trolling purposes.

why are you letting your gf use boards. surely you know she will soon get seduced from board hunk and be swept away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Do your best......ha ha!!!!! I certainly not worried about that!!!! :D her names FooFoo

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

oh and she hasn't posted anything yet but she very very fine!! o man

ah, don't tempt fate my man. there's a fable on the tip of my tongue but i can't remember it. i foresee bad things in the logic/fooboo household.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

/me puts on virtual tight pants

uh-oh. lock your ladies up.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Everybody dance now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

logic wrote:

all members of boards, be them moderators, users, subscribers, hosted members, private forum users etc are all bound to the same broad rules.

being a mod or paying a subscription fee does not allow you to suddenly spout racism or bigotry, go on a n insulting spree, or claim kingship of the fee.
    it simply means you get a warm feeling in your gut knowing that you help the poor admins get through another week with some beer money in their pocket.

beer money that we never see again.

we dont get any beer from the admins.

ever.

not a drop.

although Ecksor did buy me purple reign cocktail in london last week.

which was nice of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i always wondered about the mutiple accounts thing, my sister is registered on boards aswell, and im sure the admins and mods have seen the same ip address pop up for both of us, but wouldnt it be the same aswell if you use boards from a work computer 100 users could have the same ip address.

As for the subscribed user who gets banned, one of my mod mates said they refund the money to you, but as mentioned above if you pay why would you arse around then.

it's hypothetical, and secondly, everyone makes mistakes.

Not the kind of mistakes that get you sitebanned :)

Getting a sitewide ban is actually difficult, you really need to have some holy purpose driving you.

maybe the person baning you makes the mistake.

maybe the person baning you makes the mistake.
    Clutching at straws man.

A sitewide ban is usually looked at by a few moderators on the rare occasion that it occurs.

That's what they want you to beleive, but it's usually a combitition of tea leaves and astrology charts that decides this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Why not subscribe on a monthly basis using PayPal and hence rid yourself of the fear of the effect of a site-wide ban? Think of the relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i got banned from the cuckoos nest but for stupid reasons.

anychance of me being let back in, pleaseeeeee

• Advertisement

mr_angry wrote:
    Why not subscribe on a monthly basis using PayPal and hence rid yourself of the fear of the effect of a site-wide ban? Think of the relief!

good thinking my man. it's a possiblity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

what does it take to get into the cuckoos nest. I've being a boards member for long enough now, any invites? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Webmonkey wrote:
    what does it take to get into the cuckoos nest. I've being a boards member for long enough now, any invites? :p
    Since when do you need an invite to get into the nest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

You need an invite since they realised everybody was just posting spam in the place.
    Webmonkey wrote:

Access Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Actually it was the Pear tree one. What goes on in there anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

lol pwd :D
    Wonder if it will work.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sparky_S wrote:
    lol, its even in the boards wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sparky_S wrote:
    Hang on. The thread says "post in here and you get banned". You posted. And the reason is stupid?

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Seriously your like dougal in father ted. "Don't push the big red button"

• Advertisement

In fairness Sparky, it says "EXTREME STUPIDITY FILTER" in the thread title.

boards_pwned.jpg

Advertisement