Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG:A - 2x03 - 'Runner' [SPOILERS]

• 30-07-2005 3:47am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What did you make of the latest episode of 'Stargate: Atlantis' - 2x03 - 'Runner'? I'm going to go to bed now but post your opinions here!

What did you think of Stargate: Atlantis - 2x03 - Runner? 16 votes

Totally Ascended
    0%
    Oma Desala - Doing well, but not quite there
    18%
    GerardKeatingOmegaRedDunners 3 votes
    Atlantis Ancient - Fairly average denzien
    56%
    suttyD-GeneratePepe LeFritsmatrimmr_angryixoyNukemis_that_soLord Oz 9 votes
    Atlantis Ancient Meeting the Wraith - Feeling Crappy
    25%
    IvanbkehoeWintersmadrab 4 votes
    Ancient Meeting the Milky Way Plague - Feeling Like Death
    0%

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pretty good episode, the runner seems to be quite a cool character. Ford though... bleh. The whole 'Ford is my friend and i'm going to get him back' thing from Sheppard falls completely flat, because he was never properly developed as a character. There's no attachment to him at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

How much more interesting is SuperForde than Forde? He's a lot more fun playing a bonkers drugged-up schizoid psycho than he was as the bland 4th wheel in Season One. Rainbow showed he actually has some acting chops when a script finally enables him to realise them (his smiles at seeing McKay and then flipping again).

Loved McKay in this - right from the start when he's snarking "And he's a doctor in what? Botany?" and his talks with SuperFord and the fact he once again shows courage when needs be (not running back to the puddle jumper).

Sheppard, Teyla, and the others delivered solid if not spectacular performances. Quite liked the Ronin character - I was wondering if he'd survive the episode because they seemed to develop him far more than a normal character of the week. Looks like he might be a semi-regular at least and, on the basis of this, I've no objections.

Season 2 is stil going well then - huzzah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pretty good episode over all. Really like the Ronin guy and hope hes added to the team. Superford seems like an interesting sub plot. Good acting by all except Taylia but thats a given at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have to agree with ioxy, McKay was fantastic in this episode. He seems to show strentgh when its really needed it but he is also improving himself.

The bit at the end when they show Ronin's home planet leaves me to believe that he will be added to Sheppard's team. He has pretty much nothing else to live for execpt fighting the Raith [sp?] now.

Also, one thing I've wondered. Where the hell do you go when you get zapped into a dart like SuperForde? I can just see SuperForde now running around some hive ship taking out Raith [sp?] left, right and centre. He seems to want to prove himself to Sheppard and the others in Atlantis so he's gonna do something cool by the looks of it ¬_¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well he does shoot superford and then run off like a little girl. Seems like some people are trying to make him out to be a more heroic character than he actually is. I like his slight weasleness. Makes for a more human and believeable character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Ivan wrote:
    Well he does shoot superford and then run off like a little girl. Seems like some people are trying to make him out to be a more heroic character than he actually is. I like his slight weasleness. Makes for a more human and believeable character.
    I haven't liked what they've done with McKay at all. Now he just seems to be there for comic relief. In "The Siege Pt. II" for instance, when the clip falls out of his pistol when he's fighting the wraith. You might expect it from someone like Zelenka, but McKay has been been in combat before, and has gone up against wraith. It doesn't seem like the same character from season one episodes like "Defiant One". The writers are regressing the character for a few cheap laughs. It's a shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Thats "The Siege Pt. III" ;)

Well from what I have heard, McKay is not on the team anymore and the lad Ronin will be semy part of the team/out sider. I liked his character and hope he gets developed well.

I really liked Rainbow in this, he is really showing what he can do now, as said above. The fast changed in moods and expressions if really well done.

A good ep all in all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Personally, I think Mckay is grand. He's a rather intelligent scientist with no real combat training whatsoever.

Daniel, from SG-1, kinda seemed to go from a nerd to a semi-competent soldier, but it was over seasons of episodes.

Face it though, writers are going to use whatever means at their disposal to make a good episode. Now if that calls for Mckay to be comic relief or to sacrifice himself in a hail of gunfire while he kills hundreds of wraith, then so be it.

Personaly, I quite like the bouts of cowardice, both because of the humour of it and cos its what I'd expect him (me?) to do in that situation.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm finding McKay irritating at this stage. In the words of someone who is being badly missed from Stargate this season: The whining's starting to grate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Forde having a quirky edge was good. This new guy is a bit of a rip off of teal'c yes/no. Still improving the whole time.

Nukem

EDIT: i meant to ask why the hell do they keep shooting people and why dont they carry Zats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Oma Desala - Doing well, but not quite there
    ixoy wrote:
    Quite liked the Ronin character - I was wondering if he'd survive the episode because they seemed to develop him far more than a normal character of the week. Looks like he might be a semi-regular at least and, on the basis of this, I've no objections.
    QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought he was pretty cool too. I'm pretty sure that he's in the next few eps and maybe become a recurring character because on gateworld.net he’s in some of the promo photos here

www.gateworld.net/atlantis/photos_s2cast.shtml

I especially like this one of Teyla

www.gateworld.net/atlantis/graphics/photos_s2cast_12.shtml

Advertisement