Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C. A.

Options
  • 30-07-2005 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Welcome to CTYI-aholics annonynous

My name is Vikki and I'm a nevermore, I've been addicted to CTYI since my first mini-CTYI back in 01, I had to quit CTYI yesterday and being a nevermore i can't ever have it again. I'm now suffering severe withdrawal symptoms such as wearing a spoon bracelet and reading time in spoons. I want help. Anybody in a similar predicament to mine please post here so that i don't feel alone! We can get through this if we work together... maybe...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Anyone else think this was about computer apps?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yup. Can't help but think "CompApp" when I see "CA"/"C.A."... :)

Vikki: You'll live, seriously. You'll perhaps pine and reminisce and miss friends but at the end of the day you'll live. We've all been there (where all is us oldies). Go to reunions, meet up with your (CTYI) friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

vikki wrote:
    Welcome to CTYI-aholics annonynous
    its not very anonymous. But yeah, feel better and stuff *pats vikkis head*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

You'll be fine. I'm a nevermore too, and yeah, granted, it sucks that we don't get to go back next year and all that jazz, but we still have the people there from it. Friends just don't go away when something ends, or they weren't friends to start with. Just because it's over doesn't mean the spirit of it ends. Thinking of it that way, it doesn't seem so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Aah Vikki, don't be so sad. I'll go to Navan and we can be roomies again and bitch about the flooded bathroom and talk the sort of crap that only comes out of one's mouth on the verge of sleep.

I am another nevermore, but it hasn't hit me yet and won't until May when I'm thinking about the summer. What's been said to me is that even though the pining doesn't really stop, it's easier to just acknowledge that you had fun and that even though you can't go back it still had an impact and that it should be treasured and other such cliched but comforting stuff. And Aoibheann's point is completely valid too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

You'll get over it........once you realise that 3 good weeks in your summer can turn into a month of fun before school/college. Get a job and spend all your cash on having fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Poor Vikki *huggle* Don't cry cause it's over, smile cause it happened! I think I've been sounding too much like a Hallmark card over the past few days =\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

i thought id never get over ctyi, or not get over it but learn to live without it but you do. the best cure is too over does imdeiately afterwards, and i dont mean with drugs go to as many ctyi related events as you possibly can. get your ass to eveyr whisper of a reunuion and such. eventually the idea of lying in a grass orgy becomes stale especially when it looks like rain, and the conversation rehashes the same old points. however this may take a long time. as in i was a nevermore last year and it took reneacting street spirit in the middle of grafton street at a mini reunuion in i think december or january to properly get it out of my system. you will be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

My soloution to being a nevermore is forcing Colm to let me back in next year...and he says he probably will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Outcast wrote:
    My soloution to being a nevermore is forcing Colm to let me back in next year...and he says he probably will

Ditto that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

the withdrawal is worse when you are a 8+ hour plane ride away
    messageing and e-mail is all i can do

carlowboy wrote:
    Ditto that

When's your birthday? We won't get session 2 but I'd say he'll let us into 1

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

My friend's birthday is in the middle of June, she asked could she come back next year at all, but they said she couldn't

Mine is at the end of May and Colm said I might be allowed come back. Tell her to email him at around the time the course booklets come out and ask if she can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Outcast wrote:
    Mine is at the end of May and Colm said I might be allowed come back. Tell her to email him at around the time the course booklets come out and ask if she can go.
    Mine's the 28th, he said to e-mail him in April to find out if there any places left. I'd do maths again if it means I can go back

I'm the 24th. I'd do pretty much anything being a nevermore is actually pretty damn depressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

fiodhna's is near the end of june, she asked and he said that she would be able to get another year out of it when it came to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

i thought id never get over ctyi, or not get over it but learn to live without it but you do. the best cure is too over does imdeiately afterwards, and i dont mean with drugs go to as many ctyi related events as you possibly can. get your ass to eveyr whisper of a reunuion and such. eventually the idea of lying in a grass orgy becomes stale especially when it looks like rain, and the conversation rehashes the same old points. however this may take a long time. as in i was a nevermore last year and it took reneacting street spirit in the middle of grafton street at a mini reunuion in i think december or january to properly get it out of my system. you will be okay.

Am I right in thinking you're Hilary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

My mam said she'll engrave "CTYI" on my spoon bracelet... How much do you think DCU spend on replacing cutlery? - Sophia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

ah, larry and his mad spoon bracelets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Larry's great coz he engraved mine with broken glass. It says "CTYI". So fitting...
    I'm ok this year, haven't been in withdrawal at all... this seems strange as I am a nevermore, and I was horribly upset last year and the year before. I miss you guys, but thats about it... I can live without my course and the food to be honest. There better be another reunion soon, I slept through the one on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Adesina wrote:
    Am I right in thinking you're Hilary?

yep its me.

Advertisement