Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid mouse question

• 12-03-1999 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

my mouse is no longer working in X
    whats the regular mouse setup
    is it a ms serial or what?

MiCr()

ps i know its a stupid question.... i just can't remember

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

thanx
    thats the one...
    MiCr()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

if it connects to your computers com port, its a serial mouse (bus mouse) .
    if it has a round plug that connects to the ps2 port, its "standard ps2 port mouse" (probably)

i dont know if linux has usb support.
    sure usb is a load of ****e anyway smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Linux will have USB support as and from its next release i'm reliably told wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fowler

Dave my clueless freind again to the clue bucket you go smile.gif cat Dave > /dev/null

THe USb stuff... Theres a guy working on usb , enough of it works so that the iMAC k/b and mouse can be used ( The guy writing the code noticed his code barfed after plugging in the 7th mouse =) ) Alan Cox is working a bit on USB - think its his next major project after i20.... Anyway I doubt we'll see USb until 2.2.20 or 2.3.x at least ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement