Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popped my cherry

Options
  • 30-07-2005 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

got my first tattoo yesterday, this design on my upper left arm

http://starwarsdotcom.com/star_wars/wallpaper/rebel1_800_600.jpg

went in yesterday to price it, asked could they fit me in and i was back within a hour in the chair.

didnt hurt as much as i thought it would either, which was good..

anyways, anyone have any tips on care/treatment etc? someone mentioned preperation h (very good on the whole, tee hee), to rub that over it.. any ohter creams or whatver i should put on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

no prep h will heal it as quick as any...just keep it clean and u shold be ok....the top of the arm is a piece a piss...try the tricep chest or back bad pain....anyway nice design

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Good grief - Preparation H is for PILES.
    Didn't your tattooist give you an aftercare sheet?
    I used Bepanthen Ointment, available from any chemist, but I suggest you call the tattoo place and ask them what they suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Prep H maybe for piles but it also heals tats really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Best thing to use by far is Vaseline Intensive Care Hand lotion. It's what most of the artists in the states use and recommend. Just rub a bit in twice a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

lmao get the imperial insignia on your other arm :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mags82

when i got my tat done on my lower back i used prep h and found it brill thats what the tattoo artist told me he is in business over 15 years so he should no his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

lmao get the imperial insignia on your other arm :p:p

Ha ha yeah was thinking about that!

Imperial_Emblem.gif

twould give it a bit of symmatry i suppose :D

The tattoo artist recommended prep h, it was pretty funny, went into the chemist yesterday, said can I have some preperation H please, she comes back with two cartons and i'm like "i'll have the smaller one", and she says "ummm..one's an ointment and the other's a suppository.."....

how i laughed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

Prep H is useless.
    go to the chemist and ask for Bepanthen, its actually a nappyrash cream.
    Ive used it on my clients (im a tattooist) and it heals ink beautifully.

Prep H keeps the tattoo too moist,and that causes inkloss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

for my first tattoo, i used a cream for piles (nelsons, i think) from a health food shop. i found it to be really good. i'm going for my second on thursday, and it was recommended by the herbalist in the shop that i use the tea-tree cream by the same brand. just to make sure, ill take it with me and ask the tattooist

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Ruhan

Bepanthen for the win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement