Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motherwell vs Celtic (Contains final score)

• 30-07-2005 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Well, it ended Motherwell 4—4 Celtic. I watched the first half and Celtic were leading 3—1, but they seem to have collapsed in the second half. Motherwell were actually leading 4—3 going into injury time. The first two points dropped. Their defence needs to be sorted fast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

wow, celtic are in bits. I wouldnt like to be Strachen now. I think Celtic were punching above their weight for a long time but they are defintely better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I think it shows how class a manager O'Neill was. Trying to buy players for peanuts, play in a crap league and still perform successfully in Europe. I'm going to stick some money on Strachan to go. He and the players obviously learned nothing from Wednesday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It took Strachan a month to get his first win at Soton. He won just once in his first 8 or 9 games at Coventry. He focuses so much on fitness that you have to wait a while to see the results.

As I've said before, woeful defence, English division 2 standard at best. The rest of the team is up there with the top half of the premiership.

At least they found where the goal is. Thats a start.

BTW, on Wednesday Strachan supposedly had a pretty normal training session before the match that evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

shocking start...celtic have a standard to maintain not a team to build for the future...it may have been aceptable at soton cos they were aiming for a respectable position in the premiership but its much tighter in scotland/europe... players are needed now simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ziggy67 wrote:
    The PLC board have a lot to answer for. The complete lack of investment since the UEFA Cup final is now bearing fruit. Muppets.

Yup that's the main problem alright but Strachan still has to answer for the last 2 diabolical results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Shamrok wrote:
    I think it shows how class a manager O'Neill was

I think it shows how poor his treatment of youth players was that Strachan has inherited this team. If he was still around the same problems would exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wow seriously wow seen 1st half got bored then seen this.

4 ****ing all musta been a cracking 2nd half :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Slash/ED wrote:
    I think it shows how poor his treatment of youth players was that Strachan has inherited this team.
    A lack of youth players is a national problem in Scotland.
    Slash/ED wrote:
    If he was still around the same problems would exist.
    Rubbish. They would not have been so shamelessly naive in the CL under O'Neill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement