Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid signed Robinho

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Owen has to be a goner.

Once Real sign two or three defenders/midfielders they are going to dominate like they did in the 90's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

They should have tried to sign Viera, which worked out to be relatively cheap for Juve in the end. As a Juve's supporter I am happy they did not really interfere though...

So, who will be the next? Adriano? Shevchenko? Henry? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Am I the only one laughing at Real Madrid right now?

It's all great having great midfielders and strikers but when you don't have a defence you are never going to win anything. Real's problems over the past few seasons have been becasue of their defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Not to mention they just sold Samuel to Inter Skysports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

evilhomer wrote:

How could I forget that one and Woodgate still has the fitness of a pensioner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

evilhomer wrote:
    Samuel is a good player but couldn't seem to keep his Roma form up at Madrid. Good signing for Inter.

I would have liked to have seen a Woodgate Samuel partnership this season.

With Helguera in front of them as the holding midfielder. That was always his best position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

what about Raúl ?? is he in the bin as well as Owen ?

Ronaldo Robinho and Baptista partnership kind of rules Raúl out !!

Adios Raúl y Midget :D:D:D:D:D HAHAHA

thejollyroger: Raul can play on the left wing, He did that a few times last season.

Raul is Real Madrid.
    He is loved by the fans more than any player they have ever had, and utter legend.
    Doubtful he will ever leave until retirment.
    Forward line will be
    Raul Robinho Ronaldo, with Baptista and Owen rotating
    Raul will play behind the forwards in the hole, so it'll be 4 strikers for two places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

PHB wrote:
    Raul is Real Madrid.
    He is loved by the fans more than any player they have ever had, and utter legend.
    Doubtful he will ever leave until retirment.
    Forward line will be
    Raul Robinho Ronaldo, with Baptista and Owen rotating
    Raul will play behind the forwards in the hole, so it'll be 4 strikers for two places.
    Luxemburgo said just last week that he intends to play Zidane in a more forward (free in the hole) role this season.
    Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

You have to love Real, their comically inept transfer policy is costing them European domination and it gets stupider by the minute.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Somehow I don't think having Ronaldo, Robinho, Baptista, Raul and Zidane all in the same team will win them La Liga next season. Do Madrid not believe in defenders or wide-players?

no, the whole spanish mentality is to play through the middle. it looks incredibly stupid after a while :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Slash/ED wrote:
    You have to love Real, their comically inept transfer policy is costing them European domination and it gets stupider by the minute.

This is slightly over stated... Their priorities are arseways but they have have bought some of the best young talents in La Liga and further afield....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Having watched Robinho playing in the Confed Cup, I thought he was pure class. This will be the bargain buy of the season.
    All they need now are some defenders.

they will never buy defenders. its goes totally against the whole ethos of the club.

I know what Raúl means to the club but he is in such bad form for so long. He will probably be just be kept in the squad and not played as often.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Once Real sign two or three defenders/midfielders they are going to dominate like they did in the 90's

Europe or spain?

Raul is loved, but not that loved. The fans seem to be a bit sick of him and his posh spice wanna be wife.

All time loved player for them would probably be Di Stefano or Puskas (sp?)

I was overstating when I said all time, but in the last 5-7years he has been Real Madrid's golden boy, so the majority of the fans would see him as an all time great.

I think with two or three defensive signings they could dominate Europe all over again.
    A new

LB
    CB
    DMC

and then maybe another winger/attacking midfielder and I think they would walk all over Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

They can't have any money left though. Robinho AND Baptista? It's farcical.

I hate Real Madrid, a football team with hype and marketing as it's raison d'etre. I anticipate a miserable season for them with glee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Lots of nonsense posted here :rolleyes: First of all, I don't know where you people get the idea that Real are terrible in defence. In La Liga only Barca concede more goals than them (29 compared to Real's 32). Secondly, Real are going to be most definitely stronger in defence next season.

Real have bought two defensive players just recently. Pablo Garcia, the tough tackling midfield from Osasuna was signed for somewhere in the region on £8million. He has the distinction of chalking up the most yellow cards in La Liga last season. Carlos Diogo, a talented young right back has been signed on a free from River Plate, don't know much about him but he seems to be highly rated. He'll be back up to Salgado though. Not to mention that but Woodgate is back in full training now and is expected to make his debut for the first game of the season. I'd imagine that the probably first choice team will be something like this.

..................Casillas
    Salgado Helguera Woodgate Roberto Carlos
    ..................Gravesen
    ....Beckham Baptista Zidane
    .............Ronaldo Robinho

Salgado is a quality right back, he works extremely hard and rarely makes a mistake, now Real will have Diogo who should be good backup. The Woodgate/Helguera partnership should be very solid assuming that Woodgate can stay injury free. Pavon is decent backup incase things go wrong. Bobby Carlos ain't getting any younger but he improved for the second half of the season. Samuel was terrible last season, Raul Bravo was forced to play occasionally too. They were the two primary reasons behind Real's defensive frailties and this season they'll be gone.

The place Real need strengthening is left midfield and left wing back, I think with that, they can challenge for trophies next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Pablo Garcia, the tough tackling midfield from Osasuna was signed for somewhere in the region on £8million. He has the distinction of chalking up the most yellow cards in La Liga last season.
    So Real have signed another player that cant defend/tackle properly, shock horror :rolleyes: ;)

Advertisement