Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype Out and 083 numbers

Options
  • 30-07-2005 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

If you go to Skype's dialout Wizard:

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/rates/dialing.html

And put in an 083 number is reports dialout rate at 1.7c, the landline rate, instead of the mobile rate of 16c

As I dont know anyone with an 083 mobile I am unable to test this, but perhaps someone else can verify this?

No doubt Skype will fix the rate once they are aware of it :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Perhaps 3 are simply charging Skype very little? They seem to have good enough rates... of course, this is just a guess and I have no basis for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Im 083 they prberbly havnt cottoned on yet!!! I only just heard about this technology. Is it good?? how does it work???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You only just heard of VoIP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Dellas wrote:
    Im 083 they prberbly havnt cottoned on yet!!! I only just heard about this technology. Is it good?? how does it work???

Goto www.skype.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Meteors billing system does not know what network 083 numbers are on :D It comes up as an unknown network/blank on your online bill. The cost of the call seems to be correct anyway.

When Meteor first launched the 085 network it was possible to make free calls from Digifone as Digifone had not upgraded their billing system to deal with 085 numbers.

There probably is a few other billing systems out there that don't know what these 083 numbers are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Billing systems tend to default to the incumbants billing system, unless they are specificly told otherwise.

Advertisement