Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i configure the belkin wireless modem

• 30-07-2005 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I am on IOLBB and have filled out all the relevant section...but it is still a no go...Can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

turbit wrote:
    I am on IOLBB and have filled out all the relevant section...but it is still a no go...Can anyone help?

More information needed - what model number is it - what have you entered and what exactly is not working? can you get a net connection is the wireless working etc and the inevitable question have you read the manual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 turbit

Ok I got it sorted......thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

I spent quite a while yesterday setting up the Belkin wireless router (F5D7230-4) with my BT ZyXel Prestige 600 series modem. It was frustrating at times, but I think these steps should get you up and running in no time;

BT ZyXel Prestige Modem;
    1) In the web configurator (192.168.1.1) select the following settings;
    Mode - Routing
    Encapsulation - PPPoE
    Multiplex - LLC
    Virtual Circuit ID:
    VPI - 8
    VCI - 35

Click Next

2) Enter broadband id and password from BT (make sure "@iolbb" is after your username)
    3) Make sure "Obtain IP Address automatically" is selected. The rest should be fine

Click through until finished.

Belkin Wireless Router (F5D7230-4);
    1) Go the the web configurator in your browser (192.168.2.1)
    2) Under the heading "Internet WAN" on the left, select "Connection Type" and choose 'Dynamic'
    3) Make sure the "Internet Status" on the top right says "Connected" (in green text). You will never get an internet connection until this says 'Connected'
    4) Logout

NB: You may need to wait some time (30mins or so) before trying to use the internet. This happened to me. I had no connection straight after making the above changes, but after going out for 3 hours and returning it was working fine.

Let me know how you get on!

Good luck.

keywords:
    belkin wireless router, f5d7230-4, bt iol broadband, network configuration

Heh,

Same hardware and setup as me only i set the wan side of the belkin unit to have a static ip because i was setting up forwarding for P2P stuff through 2 routers.

Advertisement