Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ice broadband

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

madboggar wrote:
    i.e Broadband providers who say you are paying for 2mb but you might just get 1.1mb, what is all that about. I will either pay for a 2mb and want a 2mb or else i will pay for a 1mb. y

Actually all providers be it ADSL or wireless sell their products as upto, so if you go for a 2MB product and you only get 1.5MB as your max speed then thats fine.

If your getting 1MB then downgrade to a 1MB package.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Left them...luckly had another option...never ever would go back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 trixi

bla wrote:
    has anyone ever used http://www.icecomms.net/
    saw a poster about them and had a look at their website, some nice packages but the range is the thing that struck me as odd what equiment are they using to get such big ranges something like wimax or what? i would just like to know as a 2mb /512k package sounds nice over the ****ty 128k i am getting from eircom

Bla do not get Ice Broadband they may look good BUT THEY ARE NOT, I waited 2months to get my internet installed had about 6 engineers out everytime someone came out they hadnt got the right equiptment or there wasnt signal yet they had a sign at the top of my estate saying ice broadband now available, everytime i rang customer care i was greeted by a smart a*s who couldnt give a s*it what i was on the phone for, there are very un helpful, oh and when they did manage to connect me after a month my interent never worked, so i would have been quicker chizzeling the words on a rock and posting it then i would have been sending a mail on ice broadbands no good for nothing service,
    Trix :p

Advertisement