Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1956 Mercedes SL190

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There's a woman in Limerick who can afford that! I could buy a door and wing, possibly. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

g'wan outa that mike, what about the stash ? everyone's got a stash :D

that could be Ben(mercmad)'s 190, chancing his arm to see if anyone bites

c'mon ben €58k ffs? I'll start the bidding at 3 fun sized marsbars & half bottle of lucozade :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭v-deniso

This is going to break your hearts...

If you drive from the village of Dalkey down past Collymore harbour and up the hill towards Sorrento Terrace in front on that terrace of houses there is a 1950’s 190 SL just sitting there. Its never used and the only thing the owner does is put a lose cover over part of it during the winter.

It makes my blood boil as I have had to watch this car slowly succumb to the ravages of rust from being left in such an exposed position for so long. You would have thought that with the money the owners of those houses have at their disposal they could afford to put the car in storage rather than just see an all time classic just rot away at the side of the road in their own front yard.

They could be open to offers around and up 30k I would have thought especially as the condition is only getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

v-deniso wrote:
    This is going to break your hearts...

If you drive from the village of Dalkey down past Collymore harbour and up the hill towards Sorrento Terrace in front on that terrace of houses there is a 1950’s 190 SL just sitting there. Its never used and the only thing the owner does is put a lose cover over part of it during the winter.

It makes my blood boil as I have had to watch this car slowly succumb to the ravages of rust from being left in such an exposed position for so long. You would have thought that with the money the owners of those houses have at their disposal they could afford to put the car in storage rather than just see an all time classic just rot away at the side of the road in their own front yard.

They could be open to offers around and up 30k I would have thought especially as the condition is only getting worse.

I see that car too, and it hurts. I think the owner spends a small fortune every year or so bringing it back to showroom condition, only to leave it outside by the sea again. I have seen the car in much worse condition than it is now. The problem with Sorrento Terrace is the lack of a garage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeah have also spotted that particular vehicle on drive-bys.

I have that no-garage problem, but in my defence I have no garage cash. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement