Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridays Power Outage....

Options
  • 30-07-2005 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened there? It was decribed as a major fault by ESB and happened at 07.00 hrs and here (Cherrymount) lasted about 25 mins I know it was nearly an hour for Riverview area.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cant say i noticed anything :D

7 o clock on Friday morning i was fast asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I do know that my shower stopped working at about that time on Friday... just after I put all the lynx shower gel on me :/ . What a pain in the ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

gone again today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw on aertel that its quite widespead but not huge numbers 200,000 (well thats quite big of course!). So many clocks to reset!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it didnt go off here at all as the Sky box wasnt on channel 998 when i woke up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Apparently a sub-station in Wexford failed, and the ESB were immediatley dispatched to rectify the problem which houses across the South-East also being affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Power outage in parfts of thurles also. went from 6-7pm. ESB said about 200 homes in the area lost power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

mike65 wrote:
    happened at 07.00 hrs and here (Cherrymount) lasted about 25 mins I know it was nearly an hour for Riverview area.

Mike.

My pc turned on by itself that morning, could that have been the reason?

Please say it is

Advertisement