Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed off

Options
  • 30-07-2005 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Ok, im incrediblely pissed off at all these chicken players in BF2 the ones that run at the first site of danger. In one round today i kept flying helicopters, everytime an enemy got a lock on, guess what happened, my gunner bails on me, now i managed to survive most of the AA attacks, but then these guys have the cheek to ask for a pickup again. This happened with 4 seperate guys, i swear to god the next guy that does it is going to get landed on with the heli im in. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

jees...calm down lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

If im ever your gunner, im gonna jump out all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Usually I only ever bail out if I think the pilot is incompetant and hasnt a hope at evading a missile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Arabel wrote:
    Usually I only ever bail out if I think the pilot is incompetant and hasnt a hope at evading a missile.

tend to do that myself when the piolt does not give me the angle to attak the threat and the chopper is around 3/4 damage and there is a lock on :p

in saying the above i always try and give the pilot the benefit off the dout as once he/she does not crash taking off there ok buy me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

yeah dat happens quite a lot 2 me!! even though the person is an engineer and is fixin the heli they still seem 2 jump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

tbh, play in the clan servers, and keep on teamspeak/voice. that way you can tell the gunner in no uncertain terms to stay put!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Arabel wrote:
    Aye. If the pilot can't seem to fly too well, or get hit by a missile, I'll bail the 2nd time the warning noise comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. If the pilot can't seem to fly too well, or get hit by a missile, I'll bail the 2nd time the warning noise comes.

Why bail at all? Its only a death. and you get to respawn back where the chopper is. If you are in a serious chopper squad you stick with that baby until its smeared across the landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

Jumpy wrote:
    Why bail at all? Its only a death. and you get to respawn back where the chopper is. If you are in a serious chopper squad you stick with that baby until its smeared across the landscape.

totally agree wit ya m8!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jumpy wrote:
    Actually, I'm special ops. Usually, I hop into a chopper for it to taxi me to a place where I can stop tanks, or damage the enemy, such as dropping me 30 seconds away from the enemy main base, so I can disable their arty, radar, or main bridges.

I help the chopper to get from A to B, by providing my aim for the guns.

As for "serious chopper squad", only if I'm in a squad, and part of the squad is flying, and/or is part of my clan/clan I play with, and know that they can fly, do I stay in the chopper till the "bitter end".

If the pilot can't fly, puts the chopper in stupid positions (stays still for over 20 seconds, doing nothing, in the middle of the air), or has a habit of jumping out of the chopper before it hits a wall (instead of turning the chopper so it doesn't, or @ least telling us to bail), I see no reason why I should stay in the chopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

They might be hoverin in the air so that co pilot can fire the rocket ???
    Hate when in chopper & the pilot just flys about not givin you a target at all & then prob gets loada damage or killed when he trys to kill em when ya coulda easily kill em from a distance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I stay in a chopper until it lands or the pilot says bail out, and when im flying i will say bail out if i don't think i have a chance of getting away from a missle. And i do take my gunner into consideration but half the time you get people that can't even use the Vid Rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

When I'm flying the Blackhawk, I'll normally hover over enemy positions and rotate the gunners to give them both targets. I hate eejits who fly the attack choppers and just keep swooping about the place. If you're flying gunner then there's no way to get a decent shot or lock on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

As a pilot in an attack helo ill fly to a position (and if i got a gunner) hover over it rotating slowly (if i cant see a target) until my gunner starts to fire and then i rotate the helo in that direction. Only time ill use my rockets is if he missed with this tv camera or is acting the maggot.

I will of course take evasive action if a missile locks on ;)

playin in the early hours. Was co pilot & was rockets hailin down past us so typin turn, turn

Pilot just keeps on flyin straight towards our pad. OK if some1 at base got on AA , but lets be realistic here, not gonna happen.

So we get there somehow, just about to land & barely enough time to get much repairs or ammo. Took a look behind, heli comin till us. So shoutin GO GO GO.... sits there merrily waitin till get fully stocked up & repaired ...... boom , dead in a hail of missiles *on target this time* , or maybe it was the 1 tv & the rockets just flyin past us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

heh
    i was playing a game on kubra damn as USA, i was gunner in a cobra, just as we were leaving the airstrip my pilot spots a mi-28 hovering towards our blackhawk and calls it out, without even checking i put a tv missile right into the tail and blew it to bits.

i got punished for 2 teamkills :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

i find berns is a good co pilot the few times he's come up with me, our BK is also ok, but i dont trust his flying much.

Dave the only thing u know how to do is avoid missiles (and thats all he does, flying so low that if i jumped out id almost have to take a step upwards).

You cant line up shots worth a damn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Bail out on me and you will feel the wrath of my missiles tbh :p

nah prae, whats more satisfying than the crunch of bones under the nose of a blackhawk :p

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Dave the only thing u know how to do is avoid missiles (and thats all he does, flying so low that if i jumped out id almost have to take a step upwards).

You cant line up shots worth a damn ;)

nobody can shoot me down [insert manic laugh here]

On another note,

im not gonna wait 4 u any more BK if dats how u feel

get ure own chopper

Fine i will!

:)

what server do you guys normally play on?
    and do you use xfire?

i wouldnt mind a chance to teamki.......er fight side by side with some irish players for a change :D

berns1983 my xfire :P Wouldnt mind playin wif more irish players ..... in the early hours :p

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    i find berns is a good co pilot the few times he's come up with me, our BK is also ok, but i dont trust his flying much.

lol. Love that TV guided missile ;) & I can fly , better than , ammm, a number :P .
    Everyone has there tree day's lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Im an alrite piolt, but where i shine is my c4 whoringness :D :cool:

____
    Got called a n00b last nite by a guy and i asked what he was if i was a n00b (his spelling) and he said "Im a 733t P74y3r!! n00b!" I just left after that, CS:S all over again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ok, i'm in a black hawk with another sniper, with him flying, and a missile locks on, but i decide to stay, hoping the pilot can fly it well.....well, i was wrong...CAUSE HE JUMPED OUT!! seriously, gunners bailing out is bad, but the pilot??

anyway, i took control, survived, and managed to fly my newly acquired chopper into a tank :)

i was flying a full blackhawk minus 1 slot, i was the engineer when we got damaged i picked up some hight and swapped seats, the blackhawk started circlingthe battlefield. i actually managed to repair 50% or so before having to jump back in the pilot seat........the occupants never realized :D

my xfire is 1stibdragula and usually play with others from the clan doesnt really matter where sometime son the TIG server or just on any old box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

jaggeh wrote:
    what server do you guys normally play on?
    and do you use xfire?

i wouldnt mind a chance to teamki.......er fight side by side with some irish players for a change :D

Jaggeh come play with us some night. We usually stick to Multiplay.co.uk servers. With a full squad worth of people we go on the 64 man KT16 server, though it can have bad reg at times.

But the best thing to do is jump in our teamspeak and ask us where we're playing. The jarhedz guys often play with us too. Our clan has growed purely out of good players who jumped into our squad because they saw we liked teamwork, and after a few days playing with us got asked into teamspeak to join us.

PM me if you want details.

Advertisement