Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

jaggeh wrote:
    i was flying a full blackhawk minus 1 slot, i was the engineer when we got damaged i picked up some hight and swapped seats, the blackhawk started circlingthe battlefield. i actually managed to repair 50% or so before having to jump back in the pilot seat........the occupants never realized :D

I often have to do something silmilar when i've not got enough to fill a chopper (or people get shot out). As long as you rev the rotor-motor (lol) enough, you can press F2/F3 and jump to a gunner seat and take out anyone around you. The chopper always flies in a clockwise turn then, and tilts backwards a bit. Just keep doing it till you tilt out of gunner line of sight, then jump back to the pilot seat. Jump back once you've got a clear shot again.

I once sat on wetlands? (the one with the single assault chopper in the middle spawn) with an MEC chopper high above the middle spawn. I jumped out of the pilot seat and just sat switching gunner positions as the chopper spun around. I only had to get back into the pilots seat when I got bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

playing last night and one pilot decided he didnt want passengers so he ordered everyone to bail. keep in mind that this is at the start of the round where getting position is vital and choppers are a great way to seed your little peons about the battlefield.

Anyway, myself and two others stay in the chopper so the git FLIES OUT OF BOUNDS and kills us all.

I didnt even get the opportunity to punish for a teamkill (why????)

Same map, different pilot, bails as the chopper is swooping downwards without any warning whatsoever. are these guys idiots? I managed to bail but ended up getting butchered when I landed in a nice wide open space in front of a tank. the two other passengers with me died as well. there should be a muppet-meter that kickbans idiotic players like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

exact same thing happened to me, some dope jumped into the AZ whatever (mec chopper), so i hop into the gunners seat and shout 'go go go!', he sits there, and says 'get out', i try one more time telling him to go, he just says get out again, so i said no, and just sat there. Eventually he gets bored, takes off and purposely aims straight for the ground, i bailed out, the stupid retard didnt, and killed himself. I think i was justified in filling him full of lead the next time i saw him. It was worth the -4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Deadwing wrote:
    exact same thing happened to me, some dope jumped into the AZ whatever (mec chopper), so i hop into the gunners seat and shout 'go go go!', he sits there, and says 'get out', i try one more time telling him to go, he just says get out again, so i said no, and just sat there. Eventually he gets bored, takes off and purposely aims straight for the ground, i bailed out, the stupid retard didnt, and killed himself. I think i was justified in filling him full of lead the next time i saw him. It was worth the -4 points.

Some idiot did that to me to and i see him flying around after that, apparently he doesnt like having a co-pilot, wtf!

Ever think they might just not want YOU as the co-pilot? Maybe they have someone else in mind to pick up.

Vehicles are co-operative, so you have to be able to work with the person.

I'll be honest, if i've got a team mate I know is a good gunner over some idiot who wouldn't see the hotel on oman if I was sat on it, i'll do anything and everything I can to get him out.

"I want a go" is all well and good, and "Everybody deserves a go" is as well, but when it will mean the difference between winning and losing a round, then i've no problems getting him out. It sounds harsh, but i'd rather take the -4 or whatever, than get really fecked off at losing a round we should have won just because somebody decides to joyride in the chopper etc.

"OOOOOOOOOOH PLANE!!! WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee........BOOM!!" - yeah cause we really need that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

And you with your buddy co-pilot could have won the round on your own i suppose. :rolleyes:

There is nothing right about retards telling you to get out of a heli as if it was their property.

Anyone caught deliberately tkin normally gets kicked from servers. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Ever think they might just not want YOU as the co-pilot? Maybe they have someone else in mind to pick up.

Well maybe if you actually read my psot you may have seen, that the guy was flying around all then time on his own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Ever think they might just not want YOU as the co-pilot?

Eh hello...deadwing is playin BF series since the start so i think he has a right to be a co-pilot if he WANTS TO!! And tough feckin **** on the dumb ass pilot if he didnt get the co-pilot he wanted...tk bellends like that i say :rolleyes:

LOL - Root I was refering to deadwing not you.

And like I said - who cares how long someone is playing? Doesn't make them good at it. And under the "he has a right" idea, everyone does. Even new players.

I hate being elitist about anything, but sometimes you just have to be - especially in these types of games. They're VERY teamwork based, and you can't just run around like a headless chicken and rambo like CS. So i'm going to push as hard as I can to get my team doing something and being productive.

Simply put, i've seen too many times where teams had active good squads pushing to win, and some ****tard going "Oooooh I wanna fly dis" loses the game for us. Eg. Blackhawk taking flags, and we try to jump in the MEC chopper but some guy flies off solo. We lose cause we can't get the flags fast enough.

Anyway, not really interested in an argument. This is the way I see the game from playing it since it came out. If you have different views fair enough. I don't really need to explain myself but I have. If you can't see my point of view then i'm happy to agree to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

In fairness i do see your point, But the likes of deadwing etc are around since bf1942 etc etc ;)

• Advertisement

Fair enough. But this isn't 1942. It's a different game.

I wouldn't even play 1942 - dunno why, but I just hated the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

In fairness i do see your point, But the likes of deadwing etc are around since bf1942 etc etc ;)
    OLD SKOOL!!! :D
    iceman wrote:
    who cares how long someone is playing? Doesn't make them good at it.
    Actually, playing for a long time usually increases your ability at the game... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

ive been around since jet set willy.

Deadwing wrote:
    Actually, playing for a long time usually increases your ability at the game... ;)

I meant in terms of the fact that there are so many things you can do in the game. I only learnt to fly (planes) the other night but i've been playing the game since it came out. I just spent more time in choppers or on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Clover wrote:
    tend to do that myself when the piolt does not give me the angle to attak the threat and the chopper is around 3/4 damage and there is a lock on :p

in saying the above i always try and give the pilot the benefit off the dout as once he/she does not crash taking off there ok buy me :D
    Yaeh, usually I do the same, but once i asked my friend 4 the helio cuz i am generally a better pilot but i crashed into the sea about 20 seconds later! needless to say he was pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

must learn to pilot a heli... nothing worse than looking at one sitting there and looking back at all your mates having a laugh and a bit o' craic swimming, running, shooting guys in the head and knowing it'll all be over by the time you run there.....

Advertisement