Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical children's party food

• 30-07-2005 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

It's my mum's birthday on friday, and for a laugh i'm organising a 'children's party' for her. only close family are gonna be there so should be fun. This is all after a conversation between myself and my mum about how adult parties are boring in comparison.

Anyways, I have cake organised, but apart from that I'm drawing a blank on what I used to have at my parties :eek: My mum always looked after that, and I can't ask her.

Not looking for modern healthier alternatives as such, looking for the kinda thing she would have had at her parties. All I can think of are cocktail sausages and rice krispie buns. any help? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Funk Daddy

Streamers, Balloons, Soda in paper glasses, bowls of misc mini choc bars, paper table cloth w/ kids theme, pass the parcel, kids music, ballons at the front door, bouncing castle, 'Happy Birthday' banner, party poppers, cheap 'Perri' multipack crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

It's my mum's birthday on friday, and for a laugh i'm organising a 'children's party' for her. only close family are gonna be there so should be fun. This is all after a conversation between myself and my mum about how adult parties are boring in comparison.

Anyways, I have cake organised, but apart from that I'm drawing a blank on what I used to have at my parties :eek: My mum always looked after that, and I can't ask her.

Not looking for modern healthier alternatives as such, looking for the kinda thing she would have had at her parties. All I can think of are cocktail sausages and rice krispie buns. any help? thanks

Cocktail sausages (as you mentioned), sausage rolls, chicken nuggets, potato wedges, miniature bars (as the other guy mentioned), a pinyata (spelling?) perhaps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Jelly, Ice-cream etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jelly, Ice Cream, some cheap sweets in a bowl, crisps, sausage rolls, those iced buscuits, rice krispie cakes, fudge fingers, cake, marshmallows, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Smarties!!! Ya gotta hve smarties at a partie!! :D Bowls of crisps & popcorn. Jelly!! Like ya said Rice Krispie buns a defo!! Party hats, streamers etc. Fizzy drinks - Coke, 7up and Lilt!!!

HAve fun!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

My wedding cake was a giant rice krispie cake.

...no, really! It rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

rice crispy cakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

My wedding cake was a giant rice krispie cake.

...no, really! It rocked.

You're my hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Larianne wrote:
    Fizzy drinks - Coke, 7up and Lilt!!!

HAve fun!!! :D

That's a bit too posh. It has to be the 2lt bottles of TK Red Lemonade!

And dont forget the party bags for going home with.

PS: I remember i was at a birthday party when i was about 6/7 and the mother of my mate was too lazy to make rice crispie buns so she poured Coco Pops into the bun cases. I felt so ripped off.

Advertisement