Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barman course in galway?

• 30-07-2005 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any course in Galway about becoming a barman? I want to follow my own path (music) and not go to college for a few years, but the prospect of ****ty jobs would wear me down very badly. Plus if I want to travel, every city has a bar.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

GMIT do a bar course,

http://www.gmit.ie/prospective_students/prospectus2005/hotel_catering/GA_NCBS/index.html

leads on to

http://www.gmit.ie/prospective_students/prospectus2005/hotel_catering/GA_CABSC/index.html

Otherwise, work collecting glasses in somewhere for around a year, then try and get them to train you into the bar. worked for me in cps's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Much appreciated! Do I have to be 18 to be collecting glasses? Is it a decent job and do you get a lot of crap from people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's money :)

I'd be interested in this myself, even as a second skill/qualification for working while travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

i started my job of collecting glasses last nite.. so easy where i work anyway

dont get any buck and shud be goin in behind the bar after a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Thanks for all the replies - wondering if I should go around with CV's or would it be enough to go in and ask them for a job collecting glasses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Drop CV's.

CP are ALWAYS hiring new staff for glass collecting and ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I need new glasses...

I clicked into this thread thinking it read 'Batman course in galway?'

Needless to say I was hugely disappointed.

Advertisement