Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Speed Problems

• 30-07-2005 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having problems with download speeds tonight?
    mine are gone to fek
    downloding a torrent at 7kBs i have a felling its been throttled
    by digiweb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

might just be a crap torrent :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Trust me its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Go and do a speed test www.irishisptest.com
    Just cause a torrent has high number of seeds doesnt means it has to be very fast it takes a bit of time.

America is waking up ;) I've had a slow down too so i'll leave the laptop to work through the nightshift.

No trust me this torrent only has 5 seeds but them seeds have like 10meg up each
    something is really up and its pis€ing me right off.

• Advertisement

when i start a torrent it goes up to 320kBs
    the right away it drops back down to about
    15kBs so its gotta be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bullfrog

torrants are a very unrealible way of judging your speed did you ever think that the torrants speed may be resticted, i know i can restrict the upload speed of any of mine, these people may have thousands and have them equally spead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

whenever i wanna test my bb speed i go to http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ pick something and download it. Heanet will max out your line and will be acurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

he's not talking about his line speed capability, he is talking about BT protocol throttling, a different issue lol.

And personally, i have no idea whether thats occuring with you or not, first thing i would suggest is switch from normal port to above 7000.

Advertisement